The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership. 5 Core tenants of F3: Workouts are always free, Are open to all men, Held outdoors (or Virtual during a pandemic), rain or shine, heat or cold, Lead by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification needed, End with a COT
Weather: Always sunny and 75 with a moderate amount of overcast clouds and a cold front that moved in at start time bringing the temps into the high 40s with a southwesterly wind about 9 miles per hour.
Pax – Gas Station, Funny Car, Dreamliner, Rover, Free Fall, Yoast, Sprawl, Cowboy, Commissioner, Bing, Wicked, Mango, Dirt Bike, Planer, Gator, Sunshine, Cashflow,
DR Pax – Billy Madison
FNGs: Flipper (AKA – Mark Ellis)
1x Warm-Up Lap Around the Track
Tha Thing – Mosey around the ¼ mile parking lot 1x after each round
Intro to basic exercises – Round 1
Merkin x 21 IC (Gas Station)
Wide Arm Merkin x 21 IC (Bing)
Diamond Diamond Merkin x 21 IC (Free Fall)
Irkins (Coupons) x 21 IC (Priorities)
Additional warm-o-rama added of 15x Michael Phelps and 10x Arm Circles each direction
Intro to basic exercises – Round 2
Knee-up x 21 IC (Gas Station)
Hello Dolly’s x 21 IC (Money Ball)
Flutter Kick x 21 IC (Funny Car)
LBC x 21 IC (Gator)
Intro to basic exercises – Round 3
SSH x 21 IC (Dreamliner)
Squat Thrust x 21 OYO
Mountain Climbers x 21 IC (Wicked)
Monkey Shockers – after each round 21 Coupon Curls and hold goblet squat till pax complete
Round 1 – Merkin, Wide-Arm Merkin, Diamond Merkin, Irkin x 5 reps each OYO
Round 2 – Knee-ups, Hello Dolly, Flutter Kick, LBC x 5 each OYO
Round 3 – SSH, Squat Thrust, Mountain Climbers x 5 each OYO
Jacob’s Ladder (Burpee and sprint/mosey down and back) – Up to 6 Reps
Mary (as time permits) – Dealers Choice – 21 reps each
Exercises included: Alabama prom dates, Hello Dolly’s, Leg Lifts, LBC, Burpees (Thanks to free fall), Bobby Hurleys, Prison Cell Merkins (by 7), Big Boys, Chillcut Plank
From OBT at the first Q:
“Blood, Sweat, Toil & Beer (to bastardize a great phrase) will breed a deep regard called Brotherhood. If you give yourselves to this endeavor, you will find it, and it will find you. I hope you reach a point today or next Saturday – where you want to quit. So, in the union of men, “you against you” becomes a public and/or common struggle. It’s here you will see there is much more in you that you’ve withheld – or in your weakness you’ve rationalized away.
It’s time, but if you don’t care, we won’t care either. What’s it gonna be, son??” ~OBT
YHC reminded the pax that we need each other to get through this life. Fellowship is a gift from God. But living in relationship is not the only thing we need to get through this life.
Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning God….
Revelation 22:20-21 – He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.
YHC challenged this past that during this year, in addition to pouring into our relationships with other men, we should take time to pour into our relationship with God. He love us and it is only by his grace that we can make it through this life.
- They said that the first Q only took 20 minutes, YHC doesn’t think they were doing 21 reps of each exercise. Or they were in much better shape that we are. However, Dreamliner/Funny Car did remind the PAX that the term “Splash Merlot” was coined at the first Q.
- Someone questioned why we didn’t do 10 reps of each workout for the 10th Anniversary. YHC just smiled….
- Free fall…WHY BURPEES DURING MARY!!!
- Gator used the allure of a 0700 workout to EH Flipper (AKA Mark Ellis) to his first post! Well done Gator!
- Funny Car took some time to thank Dreamliner for bringing F3 to HR 4 years ago because it has impacted so many lives over the years. From men getting in shape to charitable causes supported by the HIMs who give their time, energy, blood, sweat, and resources to support our collective causes. 2020 was a great year for growth!
- Hitting the Cycle – New challenge. Consists of posting 8 times in 8 days (Sat – Sat) then the following week hitting the other AOs not previously posted to. Talk to Funny Car or visit the FB page for more info.
- First Quad P of 2021 is Weight Loss. UvU. Set your own goal, track your progress. Talk to Marvel if you have questions.
- Funny Car mentioned that Jan 16 he is considering going down to Charleston for the Nantan handover from Dredd to Savage. Let Funny Car know if you would like to join him.
- Wicked mentioned an Grow Ruck event in June in DC that he is considering leading a team. Contact him for more info.
F3 Important Links
- Sign Up to Lead a Workout: Q Schedule (Anyone can sign up at any time! We can help you prepare).
- Quad P “Monthly” Challenge: Weight Loss your times/rounds è HERE.
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads