Conditions: Sunny & 75 (no really)
DR PAX: Dreamliner said there was potential for one, but no such luck.
- Up Straddle Hops – 25
- Hillbilly Walkers – 20
- Through the Tunnel – 16 (clap over head)
- Michael Phelps – 10
Mosey to the pond.
Plank-Off, with set of 50 LBCs afterward.
Mosey to the parking deck.
In honor of YHC’s 1 Year F3 Anniversary, the PAX completed as much of the original workout that YHC could remember (it was all a bit hazy).
The PAX completed 20 reps of an arm exercise, moseyed up the ramp, then completed 20 reps of an ab exercise, then moseyed to the bottom of the next ramp, rinse and repeat to the top of the deck. The exercises included (but were not limited to):
- Merkins / Big Boys
- CDDs / American Hammers (IC)
- Abyss Irkins / Leg Lifts
- Vertical Dips / Boxcutters
Next up was a Dora consisting of 100 Merkins, 200 Big Boys, and 300 Squats, the “catch” being that the PAX rolled a dice to determine how many sets of stairs to run down and back up while sharing the exercise load.
Finished with just enough time to mosey back to the flags.
Sow for yourselves righteousness;Hosea 10:12
reap steadfast love;
break up your fallow ground,
for it is the time to seek the Lord,
that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.
- YHC’s favorite Bible verse for several reasons:
- the inclusion of the nigh-untranslatable Hebrew word hesed, often rendered “steadfast love” or “loving-kindness,” but it’s hard to capture the full sense in English
- the image of a fallow field that has to be “broken up” to prepare for work to be done
- the fact that the Lord both requires us to “sow” righteousness, but also “rains” it down on us. He supplies what he requires
- All the above points, being significant in relation to YHC’s time in F3
- Due to a down-range workout while on vacation (consisting of climbing up/down roughly 120 flights of stairs), YHC thinks he pulled a calf muscle, so the intensity level was not as amped as it could have been.
- YHC accidentally made Dreamliner aware of the existence of pylons perfectly spaced for vertical dips and other similar
- Stinkhill AO moved to the beach and renamed Ignite for the Summer.
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
- Quad P: “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority” aka Monthly Challenge
- F3 App: Available on Google Play or Apple App Store. This is the one-stop shop for all things F3 Hampton Roads. Download it and get connected. (Note: The app is a separate account from f3rva.org but the username and password can be the same).
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads