Blustery (this will factor in later).
- SSH – 15
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Copperhead Lunge – 10
- Imperial Walkers – 10
- SSH – 10
Race to farthest light pole and back to determine teams.
War of Attrition: 2 teams at 2 light poles do sets of HR Merkins, Imperial Squats, and Leg Lifts (10 reps each) then go add a mark to other team’s line. Whichever team has more marks on opponents’ side after 10 minutes wins:
- Team 1: Dreamliner, Wilson, Marvel, Wicked, Thriller, Funny Car
- Score: 44
- Reward: 10 Burpees
- Team 2: Moneyball, Submac, Napster, Joker, LinkedIn, 2 Wheel
- Score: 36
- Reward: 20 Bonnie Blairs
Chatty Dora – Partner up, one PAX runs to wall while other completes the following exercise, then switch. Repeat for the designated number of runs:
- CDDs – 2 runs
- Lunges – 3 runs
- American Hammers – 4 runs
Whoopsie Wham-O – PAX in a circle, all PAX doing squats constantly. One PAX tosses a disc to another PAX and rinse/repeat. If the disc is dropped by anyone, all PAX do a burpee. For time, approximately 5 mins.
Luke 18:13–14:  But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”
- YHC has been listening to the Paul Tripp podcast a lot recently, and he has an ability to absolutely level you with conviction and then present you with the grace of Jesus.
- When discussing this passage, Paul Trip talks about how knowing what is right just for others’ sake is not the key, but rather applying it to yourself.
- LinkedIn rode up on a motorcycle instantly making the rest of the PAX look 23% less badass by comparison.
- 2 Wheel expressed interest in showing up on his own twin-tired vehicle (as his nickname would suggest), but the problem that needs to be solved first is breakaway leather pants.
- Some questionable tactics during the War of Attrition with respect to the placement of mark-making chalk and one person marking for his teammates.
- Some PAX also raised questions about whether or not Wilson sandbagged to get on to Dreamliner’s team.
- The PAX are perplexed, curious, and a little trepidatious about the origin of the name “Carolina Dry Dock.” Important questions were asked about what was being docked where, and by whom.
- There were a few really half-assed throws during Whoopsie Wham-O, and not just to Wicked (though someone said he had “the hands of a lineman”). Perhaps it was the aforementioned blusteriness.
- Dreamliner surmised that YHC placed himself in the circle so that he would be throwing with a tailwind and that’s why his throws were so precise. YHC set him straight–it was not the wind, it was just the fact that he is better than everyone else.
- Random note pertaining to the COT: YHC would like to be Paul Tripp when he grows up, and not just because of the magnificent and distinctive facial hair.
- Napster and LinkedIn are both in their last 1.5 week of finishing THE CYCLE so be sure to welcome them at your regular AO.
- May Quad P – Weekly Murphs, in preparation for Memorial Day. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Disc Golf 2ndF Outing – May 27, time/location TBD based on interest. Let Marvel know if you can make it.
- Memorial Day Murph – Monday, May 30, 0700-0800 (or when all PAX are done) @ Western Branch HIGH School (Blackwater AO’s location). See here for what the Murph entails.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!