F3 & Covid Disclosures
- SSH – 25
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Imperial Walkers – 10
- Through the Tunnel – 10
Mosey to top of Marriot Garage.
9/11 Firefighter Tribute Challenge – Each time you travel down and back up steps, complete the next step of the following exercises, 11 reps or AMRAP until you are not alone at the top, then go back down and up all stairs and move on to the next step.
- Jump Squats (4ct)
- HR Merkins (4ct)
- Bonnie Blairs
- Doorway Curls (11/arm)
- Leg Lifts
- Lunges (11/leg)
- Decline Merkins
- Crunchy Frogs (4ct)
Down and up and down one last time for a total of 110 floors (same as WTC).
Mosey to pond.
2001/9/11: 2,001 meter run (4.5 laps around pond), broken up with stops at each half lap for dealer’s choice of 9 and 11 rep exercises of different muscle groups. Choices included:
- Penguin Crunches
- Crunchy Frogs
- Leg Lifts
Final minute AYG mosey to the next flowerbed and back to round out the 4.5 laps/2001 meters
Heidelberg Catechism Q. 1: What is your only comfort in life and in death?
That I am not my own, but belong—body and soul, in life and in death—to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together for my salvation. Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.
- Oftentimes you will hear speak fondly about the “unity” that followed the 9/11 attacks, but YHC surmised that it was not actually unity per se, but for a brief time we were shaken out of our culture’s lie that “we are our own, we belong to ourselves, and we are responsible only to/for ourselves: our identity, purpose, responsibility, etc.”
- The 9/11 attacks–both that someone would carry them out but also to see the mutual work, care, recovery, mourning and comforting reminded many people of the deeper truth that we belong to each other to a great degree, and most important we belong to God.
- This idea of “belonging” is the foundation of the talks given by a recent speaker at YHC’s church: Dr. Alan Noble spoke on his forthcoming book, You Are Not Your Own. You can listen to the first talk (about the prevailing lie of our culture) here, and the second talk (about the truth of our belonging to God) here. YHC would highly encourage you to do so.
- Day of remembrance and tribute. 110 floors is a lot of stairs.
- The PAX pushed through the tribute portion of the beatdown much faster than anticipated–YHC thought it might take the whole hour.
- We missed Thriller for the first half as we left the flags at 0704 and went to a different garage than usual. He also had to leave ASAP during COT. Where does that guy get off to?!
- Wicked got a mouthful of pond spray. Which is to say he caught a mouthful of brake dust, duck poop, and weed water.
- Disc golf 2ndF outing sometime in the next two weeks. Comment on Slack of FB if you are interested.
- Soft launch for a running AO on the Peninsula this upcoming Monday (9/13), 0530-0615. See Slack and FB for location details.
- There is a new F3 Hampton Roads Instagram page that you can find and follow at this link.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Quad P for September is stretching, 5 mins/day. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Priorities’ gave Marvel several “100 Posts in 2021” patches to pass out to PAX who have fulfilled that achievement. Talk to Marvel if interested in obtaining one.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday beatdown/festivities. Mark your calendars.