Legitimately 70° and sunny. Like, not a joke. It was actually like this. On January 1.
- SSH – 22
- Michael Phelps – 11
- Arm Circles – 11/11
- TTT – 11
- Copperhead Lunges – 10
Mosey around the loop and back to the flag.
YHC heavily modified/audibled from his intended plan due to the number of PAX. In preparation for the main part of the beatdown, he took the PAX through a few disc golf practices after getting everyone their own disc.
- Ring of Fire: Putt at the practice basket. Make: back up and repeat. Miss: 5 Burpees then hold Al Gore.
- Wham-O: Each PAX throws their disc as far as possible, waits for all discs to land, then sprints to their disc. Rinse and repeat.
Bogey Beatdown: Starting on hole 10, the PAX played the Bennet’s Creek Park DGC from the red (short) tees. After teeing off, each pax did 11 Squats + AMRAP until all other PAX have thrown. Where possible, the PAX sprinted to their lie. After each hold, the PAX did their score for that hole x3 Merkins (e.g. 4 strokes = 12 Merkins).
Mosey back to the flags.
AMRAP Dealer’s Choice: For one minute each…
- Chillcut Plank
- Reverse Crunches/Gas Pumps
- Freddy Mercurys
- Leg Lifts
1 Thessalonians 2:8: So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.
- YHC was reflecting on the purpose and success of F3 in light of the 11th anniversary, and particularly, how the fellowship aspect is cannot be overvalued.
- It is often stated that the fellowship is what is most important, but it really does ring true for YHC’s experience: coming and bettering oneself spiritually and physically are immensely helpful, but was sneaks up on you is the genuine friendships that develop. YHC is grateful.
- Lot of mumble chatter about the varying degrees of disc golf skill among the PAX.
- YHC led most holes but Moneyball stole honors from him on one hole.
- BB title comes from the fact that trees are 99% air, but managed to absorb about 50% of the PAX’s shots.
- Some disc golfers showing up for a league round after the beatdown remarked that they were really confused by a bunch of guys doing squats by one of the tees as they drove up.
- Quad P for January is Weight loss. Pick goal weight and work toward it. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.