AO: Up the Creek
Number of Pax: 12
Pax Names: Anchor Man, Bing, Cash Flow, Dirt Bike, Dreamliner, Gator, Lawn Boy, LinkedIn, Marvel, Moneyball, Planer, Priorities,
Number of FNGS: 0
F3 & Covid Disclosures
Sent off the Ruckers, mosey to the library parking lot.
Ruckers: (Bing, LinkedIn, Priorities) headed out after their role was explained; down Bennet’s Creek Road, left on Cheltenham St, Right on Kelso St. to its terminus and back.
Counted off into teams:
- Cash Flow, Lawn Boy, Marvel, Moneyball, Planer
- Anchor Man, Dirt Bike, Dreamliner, Gator
Adventure Ball: One team’s bucket is at the end of Bennett’s Creek Park Road (park side). Other team’s is across the street from Creekside Elementary. All PAX run back to their bucket and then seek out the ruckers who have a bucket of balls. Grab a ball and take it to opposing team’s bucket. Rinse/repeat until time is called at 0610. Most balls in other team’s bucket wins.
- Team 1: 20
- Team 2: 19
Finished up with some suicides until time was called.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. [Proverbs 1:7]
- Fear of the LORD = valuing his opinion above all
- Fearing him is the beginning of [true] knowledge
- Only fools think they have it all together.
- YHC was hoping the Ruckers would choose the bag of balls for the obvious ball sack jokes that would follow. YHC was not disappointed.
- Thanks to the Ruckers for handling YHC’s ball sack carefully.
- At one point Priorities was giving everyone blue balls.
- There was some debate as to whose ball sack it is: the person holding it, or the person who owns it?
- The Ruckers made a point of sharing the ball sack burden between themselves.
- Bing was concerned about his shoes because they were “foot shaped.” YHC was similarly concerned about his shirt because it was shaped like his upper body.
- The uneven teams ended up working at due to YHC’s wrong turn on the first run back, which added at least 3/10s of a mile.
- The Ruckers were much faster than YHC anticipated. This was a good thing.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Next week at #UptheCreek is the quarterly 5k.
- Quad P for May is be Weekly Murph Challenges. See “Challenges” above for the link and further details.
- Memorial Day Murph – Monday, May 31, 7:00-8:00 at Western Branch High School in Chesapeake.
- Colonial 200 – Relay Race, September 24-25th; If interested in joining the team, see information sent out via e-mail.