AO: Up the Creek
Number of Pax: 15
Pax Names: Bing, Cash Flow, Dirt Bike, Dreamliner, Gas station, Gator, Hummer, Lawn Boy, LinkedIn, Market, Marvel, Moneyball, Planer, Priorities, SpaceMonkey,
Number of FNGS: 0
QIC: Lawn Boy
Conditions: muggy and warm.
F3 and Covid disclosures
Warmarama: none… walk/jog slowly to start
- Runners counted 1,2,1,2 etc… to split into two teams: team 1 = yellow, team 2 = red
- YHC showed the yellow and red cones teams would be looking for during the run
- YHC and Priorities gave a representative from each team their first instructions – an address with a screenshot from Google Maps that showed generally where the cone would be located
- This handoff was meant to be a subtle hint that Priorities would hand out all yellow team instructions and YHC would hand out all red team instructions
- Teams were told their next set of instructions would be at the first cone
- YHC answered one question to clarify that runners did not need to be together as a team to collect the cones; then released the runners
- Ruckers started walking a loop that was bounded by Steeplechase Lane, Waterjump Crescent, Huntclub Chase, and Bennetts Creek Park Rd.
- Runners received the following instructions taped under each cone, “Find the ruckers on the loop shown below; turn-in disk (cone); receive next set of instructions – ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE TOGETHER TO RECEIVE YOUR NEXT SET OF INSTRUCTIONS”
- Ruckers attempted to mess with the runners by alternating direction of travel on the loop they walked; also by splitting into two groups – one with the red team instructions and one with the yellow team instructions
- Runners were not amused with ruckers antics; ruckers enjoyed this more
- Teams quickly learned to send out their fastest runners to search for the cone and return to the rest of the team
- Score was yellow team 4, red team 3
- 2nd F/3rd F Event – June 19th (0900-1100) @ Hyzer Bomb (Bennet’s Creek Park) with Tidewater Youth Services
- Fathers Day Beat Down – June 20th @ Sloth Hill (0700-0815)
- 2nd F kayaking/paddle boarding at Tula Paddlesports in VA Beach on Saturday, June 26th at 10:00 AM; see Slack/Facebook for details
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Quad P for June is Dealer’s Choice 100 reps. Sign up and throw up some suggestions. See “Challenges” above for the link and further details.
- Colonial 200 – Relay Race, September 24-25th; If interested in joining the team, see information sent out via e-mail.
- F3 Nation 10th Anniversary – October 8th-10th @ Cape Fear, NC. More details and registration here.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday beatdown/festivities. Mark your calendars.