Like a banana split cold, but a fun shared experience.
F3 & Covid Disclosures
Heck to the yeah.
Mosey to Ferguson Garage
- Dwight Howards – 15
- TTT – 10
- Helicopters – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
Skee Disc 2.5 – Partner up. After a run to the far wall or 25 curls, each partner attempts a putt to the target from one of three distances each valued at 1, 2, 3 points.
- If one partner makes, call it out; all other PAX to do 10 Squats.
- If both miss, 5 Burpees each.
- Rinse/repeat until one team makes it to 5 pts.
- Then, switch up the exercise done on a make:
- Crunchy Frogs (4ct)
Mosey up a floor and around it, then down stairs and back to basket.
Disc Golf Showdown: Split into two teams. Utilizing four discs and a basket, Team 1 picks an exercise, then a team member from that team attempts to make all four discs. Each discs made = 10 reps for other team; each disc missed = 10 reps for thrower’s team. Hold chillcut plank until other team is done. Run around the bottom floor of the garage after both team’s turns.
Knockout (DG Style): Line up behind the 15’ line, first two PAX each with a disc. Normal knockout rules: you must make the shot before the person behind you, otherwise you are knocked out. Once knocked out, do wall sit (round 1) and high plank (round 2) until a winner is crowned.
Galatians 6:1 – Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
- YHC has listened to a talk from Paul Tripp on Gospel-Shaped Parenting (side note: he has a bunch of good books including the one on parenting this talk was based on, one on leadership, and on basic Christian belief–that one is particularly good. He also has a podcast).
- When dealing with conflict with others, recognize that their problem is your problem, the same as all our problems: sin that makes us want to be self-appointed kings over our own lives.
- YHC specifically has been applying this to his parenting, but it is relevant to all kinds of relationships.
- All teams won at least one round of Skee Disc. YHC’s team won twice.
- It was interesting to see the improved skills of individuals during the showdown compared to skee disc.
- Luckily for the PAX when Thriller called “Blockees” during the showdown he missed two and made two.
- “I know a tie is kind of like kissing your sister, but in this case it’s like she’s a really hot step-sister.”
- Surprising/unexpected number of precisely sexual references:
- “It’s performance anxiety. I’m doing fine and then the camera turns on and BAM, my wife gets disappointed.”
- After one PAX received form instruction on Monkey Humpers: “Your wife can send a thank you card.”
- Knockout was a mid-beatdown suggestion by Dreamliner. It was a good inclusion.
- Scully’s Retirement Party – February 26th 2-5PM at Hot Corner’s house. RSVP to Hot Corner
- Quad P for January is Weight loss. Pick goal weight and work toward it. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- 2nd F Lunch Friday, 1/21 at Mezeh in Peninsula Town Center in Hampton.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Revenge.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Save the date!