It was a group effort.
The PAX were given the choice: try to push through a 4 mile route or run to a location and do some sprints. It was a near-unanimous “FOUR MILES PLEASE.”
The PAX ran at a decent clip down to Lion’s Bridge and back up Country Club Rd/Shoe Ln, following the above-pictured route. Then a final mosey around Ferguson Circle to cross that 4-mile threshold.
Dealer’s Choice for 3 minutes total.
1 Corinthians 10:12–13
 Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.  No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- YHC was reflecting on a situation he dealt with at his church recently, where someone could not own their own mistakes in the midst of a difficult circumstance. Then YHC considered how many time that is the case for himself, as blind spots are–by definition–impossible to see. That reminded him of the above verses.
- These verses give a warning to not be so self-assured, but also a comfort that even in the midst of failings (ones perceived or ignored), God is faithful in the midst of them.
- YHC showed up at 0530.25. It was a confluence of silly things.
- The original intention was to have the group rotate through some scout runs, but the mumble chatter was so fluid, constant, and lively, that YHC audibled to a straight-up group run. And at a decent pace, too!
- Mumble chatter included, but was not limited to:
- The various stresses a difficulties of accountants vs. fighter pilots.
- How men become little children in the presence of large-scale military weaponry.
- Wicked trying to rope the group (but especially Katniss) into second-hand gossip about someone no one else knows.
- How to get yourself kicked out of the Air Force Academy and owe the federal government $190,000.
- Wicked’s decision-making skills: definitely get him to commit to a plan immediately, and under pressure.
- The difference between a spouse’s passive aggression and “giving you the space to make the right choice.”
- Baptism: who, what, when, where, and why? AKA why everyone should become Presbyterian.
- The subtle distinction between “doing that yoGA” and “doing that yoGI,” and also the difference between a “hot-yoga instructor and a “hot yoga instructor.”
- April Quad P – 50 Squat Thrusters per day. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Disc Golf 2ndF – THIS FRIDAY, April 22. Time/location TBD. Talk to Marvel if interested so a convenient time can be selected.
- 2ndF 3rdF Event – April 25, 4pm in Newport News.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Save the date!