Conditions: Sun was shining and the birds were singing.
Warmarama: Warm up mosey around the front of the park and circled up at the tree nursery.
- Good morning X 5
- SHS X 20
- Hillbilly X 15
- 5 Penalty Burpee’s (for PAX’s late arrival)
- Smurfjacks X 10
The Thang: Started at the base of the stairs and did squat thrusts to the top of the stairway. I had no idea what to call it, so we landed on Pain. Once we got up there it was time for a round of 7’s. This consisted of the PAX running back down the stairs to do 6 Apollo Ohno’s followed by running back up the stairs for 1 Peter Parker. Round two back down the stairs for 5 Apollo Ohno’s and back up the stairs for 2 Peter Parkers. Back down for 4 Apollo Ohno’s and back up again for 3 Peter Parkers. I think you see where this was going. We finished at the top once we had gotten up to 6 Peter Parkers on top of the hill.
After a quick 20 count, it was time to mosey to the other side of the hill to the amphitheater. The PAX were thrilled to hear that there would be a DORA sighting to round off the festivities. Partners were chosen leaving YHC to go at it alone. Each partnership shared:
Merkins x 100
Carolina Dry Docks x 200
LBC’s x 300
One partner ran the loop around the amphitheater while his partner got to their share of the exercises. We finished up just in time to mosey back to the flag for 4 minutes of Mary.
Mary: As is what seems to be a new theme when I get to lead here in VB, I rolled out some new exercise come Mary time. New names anyway. Kicked off with Side-plank star crunches x 10 each side (someone told me they are called Candy Crunches here) , followed by Dying Cockroaches x 20, and finally a round of 100’s.
COT: Countarama, Namearama, Continued prayers for Hot Corner’s sister, McGruff’s family, Dalton, Freefall’s & M and ended up with words of wisdom about never missing an opportunity to reach out to a friend or loved one when the feeling hits you. Prayer led by YHC.
- I lost a life-long friend at 40 yrs young last week that I hadn’t spoken with in over 3 years. I have had multiple trips back to my hometown these past few years and we kept missing each other. That will haunt me for the rest of my life. Words of wisdom were dedicated to the memory of Matt Workman of Muskegon, MI.
- My timing has gotten better at Trashmore. All exercises that I planned on were done in time for a little Mary time. Mission accomplished.
- Continue to check the Q sheet. The Trashmore locations continue to get picked up later in the week. Time for us all to flex a little EH muscle. Not that I don’t love seeing y’all there, but lets get these AO’s over 15 PAX per day!
- I would love to see an additional VB AO make its way out to Bayville Farm’s Park. I put that out there on Sunday. Let’s see if we can build this up and pull off a launch by mid-summer.