F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary
Commissioner, Hot Corner, Lawn Boy, Napster, Hummer, Cooperstown, Bull, Toy Story, Cowboy, Funny Car, Kick Ball, Scrubs, Bing, Free Fall, Marvel, Average Joe, Musket, Dreamliner, Sunshine, Banshee, Finkle, Scully, SubMac, LinkedIn, Woody, Bachelor Pad, Hedge Fund, Gunner, Priorities, Hugo, Cash Flow, Planer, Sugar Weasel, Nuke, Thriller, Firefly, Teet, Honest Abe, Splat, Wilson, Wicked, Mayhem, Dash, McGruff, Catapult
White Dear (Richmond), Johnsonville (Richmond), Byproduct (Richmond), Shakedown (Richmond), Gomer Pyle (Richmond), Slaughter (F3 Nation)
Mr. Bernice, Lassie
Sunny and 75 (aka 50 and overcast, which is great for November). Workout started in the gloom on top of the hill near methane pipe #2.
F3 & COVID Disclosures
Slaughter starter (aka 20 burpees), side straddle hops, merkins, plank jacks, J-Lo’s, wide arm merkins, diamond merkins, squats, and several other shoulder and chest crushing exercises.
The Thang (Dreamliner)
At 0620, the Q was handed over to YHC.
Lady Glittersparkles (Hall of Fame log) was introduced and the requisite 5 burpees were completed in short order as Firefly (the HOF inductee) quickly tossed LG on the ground.
Triple Check: PAX were divided into groups of 3. One PAX from each group was sent to retrieve a rock while Triple Check was introduced. PAX #1 shoulder presses, PAX #2 shoulder taps, PAX #3 bear crawl length of shovel flags. Rotate when bear crawl PAX returns. AMRAP for ~10 minutes.
Mosey down ridge line to just above pull-up bars.
Pick Me, Pick Me: One PAX from each group was sent to the bottom of the hill, one PAX was left at the top of the hill, and the third PAX would be running up or down the hill. The runner would relieve any PAX of their choosing when he made it to the top or bottom of the hill. All PAX at the bottom were performing big boy sit-ups. All PAX at the top performed curls. AMRAP ~10 minutes
Mosey to shelters at the bottom of the hill.
Shelter Party: AMRAP for ~10 minutes with 10 derkins and 20 dips at shelter #1 and 20 step-ups at shelter #2. Rotate between shelters at the completion of each set.
Race to the Top: PAX were lined up on the asphalt path. The coupons (aka rocks) had been left of the top of the hill. There was only one rock for every three PAX in attendance. PAX were encouraged to sprint to the top of the hill to see if they could become one of the PAX holding a rock. The reward for the winners was they had to carry the rock back to the flags.
For Mary, the original Redwoods (anyone that had posted in the first 6 launch weeks) took turns leading an ab exercise. The Redwoods present were McGruff, Priorities, Average Joe, Funny Car, Scully, White Dear (Richmond), Johnsonville (Richmond), and YHC (Dreamliner).
Circle of Trust (COT) (Funny Car)
Matthew 18:20 – For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there among them
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 – Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
Luke 16:9 – Here’s the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home.
Proverbs 17:17 – A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.
Proverbs 27:17 – Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
Quite simply, there too many awesome things that happened this morning to cover it all in the moleskin. Here are some of the highlights that YHC is aware of. I am sure there are numerous others I missed.
- The entire weekend was an epic experience. My F3 tank is full.
- Starting the workout in the dark on the top of the hill with 53 PAX in attendance will give you goosebumps (or maybe that was the wind).
- Hot Corner asked, “Did you ever expect this 5 years ago?” Honestly, I did not know what to expect. All I know is that God is good and He can accomplish things that no man can even imagine.
- Post-workout coffeeteria included coffee (of course), donuts, various other food items, corn hole, and KanJam. YHC was able to win his first game on the new boards (thank you Priorities) due to clutch throws by his partner, 11-year-old Honest Abe (Priorities’ 2.0).
- Gunner did a great job of introducing the PAX to all of the volunteer leadership roles that exist within F3 Hampton Roads that make this region run. If interested, reach out to Gunner or to Funny Car.
- Five PAX from Richmond took the clown car down to celebrate this milestone with us.
- F3 GrowRuck Training Exercise (GTE) coming to Hampton Roads, VA Oct. 7-9, 2022
- Numerous PAX running the Christmas Town Dash.