Warm and moist like an alligator’s butthole (I assume).
- SSH – 20
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Sideways Lunge – 10
- Helicopters – 10
Mosey to far side of lot and back.
Skee Disc 3.0 – Partner up. Goal is to get a disc in the basket from each of 5 lines (approximately 8, 16, 24, 32, and 40 feet). Each PAX must do a burpee before each throw. Each PAX must run to shopping center wall after a miss.
Round 1 Winner was Market, got to choose next round’s exercise-before-throw (2 Dive Bomber Merkins).
Knockout (DG Style): Line up behind the #3/24’ line, first two PAX each with a disc. Normal knockout rules: you must make the shot before the person behind you, otherwise you are knocked out. Play it as it lies until you get it in the basket. All PAX in line should be doing squats AMRAP. Once knocked out, do a hold exercise (Al Gore, Chillcut Plank, Six Inches) until a winner is crowned.
Malachi 3:14, 16: You have said, ‘It is vain to serve God. What is the profit of our keeping his charge or of walking as in mourning before the LORD of hosts? Then those who feared the LORD spoke with one another. The LORD paid attention and heard them, and a book of remembrance was written before him of those who feared the LORD and esteemed his name.
- YHC preached on this passage yesterday, so it was fresh on his mind.
- The summary is, many of God’s people were really cynical about following God, thinking they could go their own way, that they knew better, and that serving God was pointless (see v14 above). But there was a remnant that remembered who God is, what he had done, and trusted him accordingly–and those God continued his faithfulness toward.
- The question YHC challenged the PAX (and himself) with was this: What has God been doing in your life recently? Because he has been at work, whether you recognize it or not. Invaluable in reminding ourselves of this is having others around us to point out his work in our lives, and challenge and encourage us to be mindful of it.
- YHC always loved integrated some disc golf, but it did not work out in his favor this go around: he didn’t even make it to the fifth line in the first round of Skee Disc, and he was the first to get knocked out in both rounds of Knockout.
- Clear MVPs were Market and Thriller. Wilson also had some success with his horseshoes-style pitch putt.
- Wicked and Bing were getting frustrated that the disc golf gods were not blessing them. YHC noted that the goal was to make Wicked question his life choices.
- They were not alone in repeatedly throwing up their hands and exclaiming “really!?” after splashing out of the chains.
- Not as many reps as “normal” Skee Disc, but much simpler to explain and a lot more running.
- BB title comes from this iconic Seinfield scene.
- June Quad P – Rucking, 1 mile/day with 30 lbs, in preparation for GTE. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Disc Golf 2ndF Outing – July 1 at Bennet’s Creek Park. Let Marvel know if you can make it.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!