Explained their role to the ruckers (Bing and LinkedIn), then all other PAX headed out for Bennet’s Creek Park, at the circle break. Divide into teams: Market & Cash Flow vs Lawn Boy & Marvel.
Adventure Ball (sans balls): Each team’s receptacle is on either side of the circle in Bennett’s Creek Park (modified to the fork in the park road). All PAX seek out the ruckers who have a deck of cards. Grab a card and take it to opposing team’s receptacle. Rinse/repeat until time is called at 0605. Most cards in your bucket wins.
Ruckers: Headed out after their role was explained; down Bennet’s Creek Road to Parkside circle, kept going around until their time to head back. For each PAX that comes to get a card, they do 1 Squat.
Proverbs 16:32: Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
- The theme through Proverbs is not “don’t get angry” but “be slow to anger,” being intentional and deliberate, not letting it rule you.
- This specific proverb says someone who is strong, even strong enough to conquer a city, is not as powerful or admirable as someone who is slow to anger and who “rules his spirit.”
- This is a statement about being–the only way we can hope to achieve this long term is by being changed by the Holy Spirit.
Ball of Man
- YHC’s estimation of bucket-placement was…lacking.
- Our Adventure “Balls” were flatter and card shaped, with card suits and numbers printed on them.
- The use of cards brought up the possibility of shorter runs and attempting to assemble a poker hand to best the other team.
- Final result was a tie, because YHC and Lawn Boy couldn’t get to the buckets in time to drop cards legally.
- Also, YHC and Lawn Boy booked it with the buckets, only to be two minutes late.
- Also, YHC and Lawn Boy received multiple comments of encouragement for hard training they were doing, from various passers-by. They definitely assumed there was something heavier than a handful of playing cards in the buckets.
- The downside to playing Adventure Ball without balls is the distinct lack of testicle jokes…just sayin’.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Quad P for July is Burpees, 1000 reps for the month, or ~33/day. Sign up and get pumped! See “Challenges” above for the link and further details.
- July 4th Convergence – July 3 (0700-0800) @ Western Branch High School
- F3 Nation 10th Anniversary – October 8th-10th @ Cape Fear, NC. More details and registration here.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday beatdown/festivities. Mark your calendars