7 x 7
- SSH – 30
- TTT – 15
- Michael Phelps – 15
- Finkle Swings – 10/10
White Elephant Gift Exchange: The PAX moseyed around the pond, stopping at each 1/4. YHC gave a “gift” to 2 Wheel, who in turn gave a “gift” to YHC. YHC did AMRAP of his “gift” while 2 Wheel completed the assigned reps, then flapjacked. The “gifts” included, but were not limited to:
- Doorway Curls
- Michael Phelps
- Big Boys
- Hello Dollys
- Overhead Claps
- Seal Claps
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Overhead Air Presses
- Assisted Squats
- Johnny Dramas
- Incline Lunges
AMRAP: 1 minute each of Leg Lifts and American Hammers.
2 Corinthians 9:6–8: The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
- YHC reflected on the giving season and his own heart in the midst of it.
- The point of these verses is severalfold:
- Our ultimate satisfaction is tied not to how much we receive but how much we give.
- True generosity must be from the heart (aka what you actually want).
- The act of giving in and of itself can help shape us to be more generous.
- Lots of good mumble chatter about movies/shows/etc. Including:
- Differences between Marvel/DC films.
- Comparisons between the most famous DUNE adaptations, the high quality of the one currently in theaters, and the necessity of reading the book (which YHC now needs to do).
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
- Zack Snyder’s Justice League
- Black Widow
- Thor: The Dark World.
- Other mumble chatter about:
- YHC’s experience over the summer being in charge, and 2 Wheels current work.
- The number, quality, and location of parking garages and lots, and how they have featured in workouts over the years at this AO.
- That one time Burpees (at YHC’s direction) almost killed 2 Wheel.
- The careful reader will note that neither PAX “gave the gift” of Burpees to the other–it is possible!
- Quad P for December is Consistency. Pick an exercise/amount and try to hit it every day in of the month. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Santa Claus Shuffle – December 12 @ Olde Towne Portsmouth. To join Team F3 & FIA Hampton Roads click this link.