Thoroughly but efficiently delivered.
- SSH – 25
- Moneyball: Toy Soldiers – 15
- Wicked: Through the Tunnel – 10
- Marvel: Bat Wings – 10/10/10/10
White Elephant Gift Exchange: The PAX moseyed from one location to another. At each location, YHC gave a “gift” to Moneyball, who in turn gave a “gift” to Wicked, who in turn gave a “gift” to YHC. All PAX did AMRAP of their “gift” while the PAX who received YHC’s contribution completed the assigned reps, then all rotated until all completed all “gifts.” The locations/gifts were:
- War Museum Shelter
- Wing Nuts – 25 (4ct)
- Tennis Courts
- Doorway Curls (15/arm)
- Boat Ramp Parking Lot
- Abyss Irkins (on pylons) – 20
- Line Jumpers
- B-52 Smokehouse Porch
- Dwight Howards – 20
- Yves Poll (to 1st lifeguard stand)
- Fort Fun Field Shelter
- Decline Merkins – 20
- Johnny Dramas
- Squats (6 to bench)
- Fort Fun
- Pull ups – 20
- Negative Big Boys
- Wall Climb
- Fort Fun Swing Set
- Magic Mikes – 20
- Double Jump (on/over bench)
- Big Boys
Mosey to the flag via Burpee Hollow and pay the toll.
Chillcut Plank: 1 minute.
2 Corinthians 9:6–8: The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
- YHC reflected on the giving season and his own heart in the midst of it.
- The point of these verses is severalfold:
- Our ultimate satisfaction is tied not to how much we receive but how much we give.
- True generosity must be from the heart (aka what you actually want).
- The act of giving in and of itself can help shape us to be more generous.
- Specifically designed Q to accommodate minimal prep for YHC.
- The PAX were pretty creative in utilizing the resources and geography of the various locations when selecting their “gifts.”
- Similarly, they also kept up the lingo of calling each exercise a “gift,” when they announced it.
- Somewhat worried at the introduction of Magic Mikes and Negative Big Boys to the repertoire.
- Mumble chatter included:
- Cold poles.
- Men’s loss of inches as they age (off of their vert, pervert).
- Scouting out shelters for the homeless.
- The fun of sharing a sex joke with your M.
- The low attendance at Peninsula AOs the last few weeks (and the “ghost” of Gas Station’s disappointment).
- Some grumbling about the choice of Mary given what the PAX just endured for November’s Quad P.
- Quad P for December is Consistency. Pick an exercise/amount and try to hit it every day in of the month. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Christmas Town Dash 8k – December 5 @ Busch Gardens. Several PAX are running the race; signup at this link. Let Dreamliner or Lawn Boy know if you are interested in Clown Car to the event.
- Santa Claus Shuffle – December 12 @ Olde Towne Portsmouth. To join Team F3 & FIA Hampton Roads click this link.