Sunny and 75–actually (or pretty close). Plus a little fog to obscure the disc golf baskets.
F3 & Covid Disclosures
- SSH – 25 IC
- Through the Tunnel (slow) – 10 IC
- Helicopters – 10 IC
- Michael Phelps – 10 IC
- Sideways Lunge – 5 IC
Heart-rate-upping lap around the circle and back to flags. Every PAX grabs a disc and moseys to the skate park.
(Disc Golf) Ring of Fire: At countdown of 3-2-1-GO, all PAX putt at basket simultaneously. Make = 5 Jump Squats and step back for another round. Miss = 5 Burpees and out of the running. No PAX besides YHC made their second PUTT. DUD ROUTINE.
Mosey to the Disc Golf tee pad by the road.
Hucking Relay: Partner up. One PAX throws their disc as far as they can (“hucks”) toward the far disc golf basket, then immediately drops for 5 Burpees. Their partner immediately runs to where the disc landed and throws their disc from that lie, immediately dropping for 5 Burpees. Once teams complete it, pick up six or hold Al Gore. Repeat with new partners, but back to basket by skate park and with 10 Squats instead of Burpees.
B.O.M.B.S. Keeping same partners, combine reps to complete the requisite number. Non-repping PAX runs to parking lot and back:
- Burpees – 50
- Overhead Claps – 100
- Merkins – 150
- Big Boi Sit-Ups – 200
- Squats – 250
Make or Break: All PAX grab their discs once more and drop into Chillcut Plank. Taking turns, PAX try to make a putt in the nearby basket from the sidewalk. If they make it, all PAX can recover from the Plank until next PAX putts. If they miss, keep holding plank. Due to repeated missed putts, moved on to holding Six Inches and then Al Gore.
Mosey to the flags.
1 Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes! 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion! For there the Lord has commanded the blessing, life forevermore. [Psalm 133:1–3]
- There are two images here: 1. The oil on Aaron’s head–used to set apart/make holy the high priest before he did his work; 2. The dew from Hermon, a snow-capped mountain visible from Jerusalem, settling on the city and refreshing it.
- When brothers dwell in unity, it is sanctifying (making holy) thing, setting them apart in godliness and righteousness, and it is a refreshing thing. May F3 and all gatherings of brothers in Christ be like that.
- Back Blast title comes from this song which has been running through YHC’s head all week as he was developing this Q.
- During the warm-up lap some FiA ladies lined up to cheer the PAX on. YHC remarked to Bing that had he known such adulation was on the table, he would have tried hard. Exact quote: “I’ll do anything for adoration…”
- There was some mumble chatter about how the whole Q was just going to be a celebration of YHC’s disc-slinging abilities. A few notes on that:
- 1. YHC was going to make a snide comment at the outset about his superiority in such affairs, but chose not to. After the Ring of Fire it would have been less “smack talk” and more “reporting the facts.”
- 2. YHC did not win either round of the Hucking Relay.
- 3. YHC briefly considered a wager-style routine which would prescribe a more punishing routine depending on whether or not any PAX could out-drive him. Left on the cutting room floor to preserve pride (whose pride will remain undisclosed).
- 4. Any comments about the lack of entertainment or enjoyment the disc golf elements provided were lacking (at least in YHC’s presence).
- When picking partners for shared-rep routines, best to be mismatched with someone who is or is not going by strict form, unless you want to be the 6.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Roc Solid Ready Bag Assembly (2nd Opportunity) – 4/22, 2pm, Hampton Roads Executive Airport on US58.
- Ragnar Trail Trial Run – Night of 4/23-24 at Priorities’ house. See Space Monkey’s post on FB for more details.
- Colonial 200 coming in September – If interested in joining the team, see Dreamliner or Funny Car.
- Quad P for April is Big Bois. Goal is 60/day.