Number of Pax: 6
Pax Names: Banshee, Dreamliner, Rover, Shakespeare, SpaceMonkey, SubMac,
Number of FNGS: 1
FNG Names: Banshee
Weather Man: 100% chance of rain. Actual weather: Humid, but no rain.
All of them.
F3 Poker (unashamedly stolen and modified from Marvel):
Blue Team: Banshee (FNG), SubMac, and Space Monkey vs. Red Team: Shakespeare, Dreamliner, and Rover.
Starting point was at one shelter. Cards placed at other shelter. Run, pick up one card, and return to shelter. For round 3, run was replaced with lunge walk. Drop card in bucket. Perform exercise and rep as indicated by card. Face cards were 10 reps and aces were 15.
4 rounds of AMRAP were performed for 10 minutes. At the end of each round, team with best 5-card poker hand in their bucket wins the round.
Clubs was curls for all rounds.
Round 1: Chest focus. Hearts: Burpees, Diamonds: Diamond merkins (of course), Spades: Catalina wine mixers, and Clubs: Curls.
Round 2: Shoulder focus. Hearts: Shoulder presses, Diamonds: CDDs, Spades: Mahktar N’Diayes, and Clubs: Curls.
Round 3: Core focus. Hearts: Leg lifts, Diamonds: Supermans (5 s per rep), Spades: Penguin crunches (4-ct), and Clubs: Curls.
Round 4: Leg focus. Hearts: Jump squats, Diamonds: Lunges (4-ct), Spades: Steps ups (both legs = 1 rep), and Clubs: Curls.
Philippians 4:6: do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Ball of Man: Kneeling in place.
- Rounds 1 and 4 were taken by the blue team. Rounds 2 and 3 were taken by the red team. The tie breaker was won by Shakespeare (red team) by drawing the high card over Space Monkey in a best of 3 format that went down to the last card.
- The prevailing winning hand was four of a kind (rounds 2-4). Round 1 was the only one taken by a full house, which was decided by a tiebreaker of the highest 3 of a kind in the full house.
- Rover was present for full workout due to Papyrus (YHC’s M) being called into work early this morning. He rode most of the workout. He played under the shelter during round 3. He definitely drew the best cards.
- HyzerBomb is becoming a satellite location for Newport News Shipbuilding with 3 of the 6 PAX working there.
- Great fellowship and conversation at coffeeteria.
- Moneyball is looking to do another 2nd F disc golf get together and a 2nd F golf event. BOLO for more details.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Quad P for August is a Back Blast Battle between the sub-regions (North, West, East). So harass the Qs to post BBs. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Priorities’ gave Marvel several “100 Posts in 2021” patches to pass out to PAX who have fulfilled that achievement. Talk to Marvel if interested in obtaining one.
- F3 Nation 10th Anniversary – October 8th-10th @ Cape Fear, NC. More details and registration here.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday beatdown/festivities. Mark your calendars. Slaughter (F3 Nation Nan’tan) will be there.