Number of Pax: 8
Pax Names: 2 Wheel, Appomattox, Bachelor Pad, Thriller, Wicked, Wilson,
Number of FNGS: 1
FNG Names: Bananas
Conditions – Unseasonable Warm for a Winter Olympic Event – 48 Degrees at the Start
F3 & Covid Disclosures – Check
- SSH x 25IC
- TTT x 10IC
- Michael Phelps x 10IC
- Toy Soldiers x 10IC
- Finkle Swings x 10IC
- Imperial Walkers x 10IC
Mosey to the top floor of the Merchant Walk Parking Garage. We took the 60 Pound Sand Bag.
YHC distributed 5 Marshmallows to each PAX as Ammo. The event began on the top floor and Pax had to Travel to the trash receptacle on each floor and “shoot” their marshmallow into the trash can from the yellow parking line. A successful shot allowed you to mosey down the ramp to the next floor. A missed shot resulted in a penalty lap around the floor. PAX had one shot for each floor of the garage and then Moseyed back to the finish line at the flag.
One PAX had the option of hauling the 60lb bag and doing 10 squat Thrusts as a penalty. Two wheel took this option.
Downhill (Alpine Events)
Mosey to the Ferguson Garage 1st floor ramp.
PAX performed 3 sets of “Alpine” events:
2 rounds of:
- 10 reps of an exercise at the bottom of the ramp.
- Mosey to the top of the ramp and perform 20 Bonnie Blairs.
- Alternate Apollo Ono’s (round 1) and Ski Jumpers (round 2) down the ramp
We performed 3 sets of the above event with the following exercises:
- Big Boys
PAX formed a line. The first PAX threw the 60lb bag forward and moseyed to the back of the line. The PAX then Burpee broad jumped to the sandbag. The first PAX threw the bag again. Rinse and repeat until time expired (about 5 minutes).
Mary – No Time
YHC read the 10 Commandments and spoke about idols of the heart and how you have to break one of the first two Commandments in order to break any of Commandments 3-10.
- We had two new PAX join us. FNG Bananas (a co-worker of Thriller) and Waze. Waze is joining us from Oklahoma and was referred to the group by Gas Station. He is in the Air Force with Gas Station. Bananas works with Thriller. Both made a very strong showing.
- Wilson won the Biathlon with some great shooting; however, Bachelor Pad contested his medal since one of Wilsons shots landed in the ash tray and NOT in the trash receptacle. Therefore, the event was ruled a tie. Waze, Thriller, and Bananas were in medal contention but YHC had so many penalty laps I do not know the finishing order.
- YHC went 0 for 5 in the Biathlon taking all 5 penalty laps. This resulting in a 1.5 mile run per YHC’s watch.
- The 60lb Sandbag option in the Biathlon turned out to be a major disadvantage.
- Marshmallows stick to sweaty hands and the shooting was extremely difficult. YHC has to come up with a better disposable ammo option for next years race.
- There was no winner in the Bobsled event – we all lost. The Bobsled event was grueling and probably a bad idea.
- Wicked won the first Alpine event and Wilson took the last two Alpine events. Thriller was a close second in the last Alpine event.
- Great to have numbers back at Ironclad. The weather affected our numbers the last several weeks and we had a great group today.
- Reviewed AO’s for new PAX.