- SSH – 25 IC
- Michael Phelps – 10 IC
- Helicopters – 10 IC
- Give Up – 10 IC
- TTT – 10 IC
- Hillbilly Walkers – 10 IC
Mosey to the farthest light pole, then race back. Partner up with whoever was closest across the finish line.
Rochamburpees: With partner, both PAX hold Chillcut Plank. Play Rochambeau/rock-paper-scissors with your partner while in chillcut plank position. Winner did 1 Merkin, loser did 1 Burpee. Ties meant both do Merkins. Increase number of reps each time until you and partner reach 10.
I Declare a Dumb War: Divide into teams based on who won Rochamburpees last. Teams line up opposite each other at two light poles, each PAX with a coupon. On Q’s signal, each PAX does 10 each of Curls, OH Press, Goblet Squats, then moseys to add a mark to other team’s line. Goal is to make more marks on their line than they do on yours.
Tic-Tac-Toe: Same teams all lined up at same line. PAX take turns rifle carrying coupon to tic-tac-toe grid and placing it to try to win. After a team’s 3 coupons are placed, the next pax in line returns one to the starting line. All PAX must do a man-maker before picking up a coupon–whether placing or returning it.
Return coupons (near) the flags.
Iditarod: PAX moseyed around Food Lion, stopping at each speed bump for 1 Burpee, 2 Jump Squats, 3 CDDs. The first time coming to each corner, PAX circled back to six and started again from wherever the six was at that time.
Mosey back to the flags.
Q’s Choice, AMRAP for 30 Secs: American Hammers, Superman, Penguin Crunches, Crunchy Frogs.
James 5:16: Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
- Three takeaways:
- Sin is sickness-like, not something we can just “figure out.”
- We need others to help us with our struggles, particularly through prayer.
- Others are not just a “help,” but absolutely crucial to overcoming sin/following Christ better.
- Application: find that group–be it your spouse (though it is good to have others in addition to a spouse), friends, family, church, or F3 brothers.
- YHC developed this game-filled Q to fill the gaping void that Franksball has left in all the PAX’s hearts.
- YHC forgot to institute Burpee Bingo, which would have made for a much more raucous beatdown.
- Results for the games were mixed:
- Rochamburpees was fun to hear the complaints on; YHC and Double Fault tied 4 consecutive times.
- During the Dumb War YHC’s team (including Waze, Dreamliner, Funny Car, and Submac) beat out the opposing team.
- Tic-Tac-Toe was muddied by some insufficiently emphasized instructions on YHC’s part.
- Perhaps the best way to avoid having to circle back for the six is to be the six.
- Santa Claus Shuffle – Sunday, December 11, 8:30-11am. When registering, join team “F3/FiA Hampton Roads.” Register at this link.
- 6th Anniversary Convergence – Saturday, November 5, 0700-0800 @ Hyzer Bomb / Bennet’s Creek Park. We will be celebrating the 6th anniversary of F3 Hampton Roads.
- F3/FiA Convergence – Saturday, December 3, 0730-0830 @ Hyzerbomb / Bennet’s Creek Park. Joint workout with FiA of Hampton Roads; post-beatdown ceremony to pass Nan’tan from Funny Car to Marvel.