Number of Pax: 7
Pax Names: Billboard, Bing, Cash Flow, Marvel, Moneyball, Wicked, Wilson,
Number of FNGS: 0
*chef’s kiss* Bellisimo!
F3 & Covid Disclosures
✓✓ NO KISSING
- SSH – 25
- Bat Wings – 10
- Through the Tunnel – 10
- Copperhead Lunges – 10
Mosey around farthest light pole and back.
Paula Abdul: PAX rifle carry their coupons forward two parking rows, perform an exercise, then mosey back one row (without the coupon) to perform 10 reps of another exercise. Wait until all PAX finish second exercise before moving forward again, grabbing coupon, and rifle carrying it to the next 2nd parking row.
- Down the parking lot: Squat Thrusters / WWIIs
- Back up the parking lot: Irkins (on coupon) / Leg Lifts
Dealer’s Choice COP: PAX formed a Circle of Pain and took turns picking a coupon-related exercise for all PAX to do 20 reps of. Choices included:
- Curls IC
- Bench Press IC
- Kettle Bell Swings
- Turkish Get-ups (only 10 total of those)
- Hula Hoops? Bucket Brigades? (still workshopping a name, but picture an American Hammer motion, with coupons, while standing)
- Coupon Hold (until time)
Matthew 11:35-36: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
- YHC referenced the book Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund which his church is doing a study of, and it’s core message: that Jesus’ self-revealed own heart (his own inclination) is to be gentle and lowly (i.e. humble, accessible).
- This image of Jesus/God flies in the face of the caricature we often picture of what God is like.
- This image of Jesus also provides an example to imitate in our interactions with others.
- YHC picked up this Q last minute and in doing so did not decide on what beatdown was to be accomplished until mere moments before it began. Hence, the ever-dependable Paula Abdul.
- Wicked showed up late due to some crazy circumstance that YHC missed a significant chunk of–something about Voodoo not doing his chores and potential water damage.
- Another iteration of the perennial topic of “how F3 sounds like a cult but it isn’t, even though it kind of is” with a splash of “even if it is a cult, it’s kind of worth it.“
- On that note, one relatively unarticulated benefit of F3 in YHC’s mind is the variety–because it is a peer-led organization, and no one is the Q all of the time, you will get a variety of beatdown and be challenged in different ways, avoiding the doldrums of “I don’t want to get up and do the same old workout.”
- Disc golf 2ndF outing Friday, October 1. Contact Marvel if interested.
- New running AO: #LazySusan. Mondays, 0530-0615. At front visitor lot of CNU.
- Quad P for October is an FNG challenge + Squats (two separate competitions). See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday beatdown/festivities.