Number of Pax: 5
Pax Names: Batman, Funny Car, Market, Marvel, Moneyball,
Number of FNGS: 0
- SSH – 25
- OH Claps – 10
- Reverse Lunges – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Toy Soldiers – 15
Coupon Relay: Partner up (1 group had 3 PAX). Partner 1 farmer carries 2 coupons toward far side of parking lot. Partner 2 does 20 Squats then runs to catch up with Partner 1. Flapjack, rinse/repeat until far side of parking lot is reached. Rinse repeat around the building with a different exercise done by Partner 2 each time: 5 Burpees, 10 HR Merkins, 5 Big Boys.
Build-a-Ladder: Line up, each PAX takes a turn providing a coupon exercise. All PAX perform 20 reps of said exercise, then run to second parking light and back. As each PAX picks an exercise, the new exercise is added to the ones before.
- Marvel: Curls
- Moneyball: Windshield Wipers
- Batman: Kraken Burpees w/Block (these were audibled down to 5 reps)
- Funny Car: Bench Press
- Market: Upright Rows (10/arm)
After all 5 levels were completed, do one last run through in reverse order (Level 5 to Level 1)
Mosey to the whole the flag once occupied in our hearts.
Deuteronomy 6:5 – “Hear O Israel, the Lord your God, the Lord, is one. Love the Lord with all you heart, all your soul, and all your might.”
- YHC has been thinking about integrity–that is being one thing. This is contrasted with having divided, sometimes competing motivations, desires, purposes, etc. See Scott Redd’s The Wholeness Imperative.
- Too often our motivations/desires/etc. are at war with one another: I want my children to be safe, healthy, smart, well-behaved, but I also want to be the ruler of my life, so maybe I warn them away from what is bad by yelling at them–two goals: one good, one bad.
- YHC encouraged the PAX to consider what is motivating them and to try to align themselves with God, who himself is undivided in this way (see above verse).
- Moneyball was recounting to YHC about the retributive beatdown he Q-ed last week.
- Batman needs to better understand what a coupon exercise entails. And time management.
- Some discussion of the recent SCOTUS decision.
- Some mumble chatter about random, evolving, or contextually innocent phrases, including:
- A 4-year-old saying he “busted a nut.”
- “Jumping dick first” into things.
- “F*** me open.” No context makes this one alright.
- June Quad P – Rucking, 1 mile/day with 30 lbs, in preparation for GTE. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Disc Golf 2ndF Outing – July 1 at Bennet’s Creek Park. Let Marvel know if you can make it.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!