Temperature: fine; Wind: less fine.
Scout Run: Following the path in the image above (Shoe Lane > Country Club > Museum Parkway > Riverside Drive > Captain John Smith > Shoe Lane), all PAX mosey together, while taking turns sprinting ahead to their heart’s content at each intersecting road.
Dealer’s Choice: Cross-legged hamstring stretch both sides. Lunge stretch both sides. Quad Stretch both sides. Between the legs hamstring stretch.
Philippians 2:12-13: …work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it God who works in you both to will and to act for his good pleasure.
- YHC did not prepare a COT but did preach on this passage the day before, and it connected to Wicked’s question about why God chose to create the world.
- While the shortest answer is “we don’t know because he doesn’t say,” what can be said is that he does things for his own purposes and glory. And further, that he does say that he genuinely enjoys see his people live out the salvation and good works he provides for them.
- YHC signed up to Q almost solely to avoid the VO2 MAX routine Wicked promised to revisit upon the PAX if no one else Q-ed.
- Lots of good mumble chatter:
- Division III Men’s Basketball and the excitement thereof.
- The state of Bermuda as a vacation destination (insights provided by Moneyball).
- While moseying through some of the posher neighborhoods of Newport News–the relative wealth of the homeowners, and the broader, proper use of wealth in light of scripture’s teaching.
- YHC ended the beatdown with 4.15 miles traversed at an average 9’25” pace.
- BB title comes from the vague resemblance between the route run by the PAX and the fictional creature feature in this scene of the Disney+ show The Mandalorian.
- Quad P for December will be Consistency. Pick an exercise/amount and try to hit it every day in of the month. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Christmas Town Dash 8k – December 5 @ Busch Gardens. Several PAX are running the race; signup at this link. Let Dreamliner or Lawn Boy know if you are interested in Clown Car to the event.
- Santa Claus Shuffle – December 12 @ Olde Towne Portsmouth. To join Team F3 & FIA Hampton Roads click this link.