Number of Pax: 7
Pax Names: Billboard, Funny Car, Gas station, Market, Marvel, Moneyball, Wicked,
Number of FNGS: 0
QIC: Gas Station
Conditions: Warm, dark, rucky…
The mission of F3 …5 Core Principles…COVID Disclaimer…Non-Professional Disclaimer…
OHC – 10 IC
Michael Phellps – 10 IC
Sideways Lunges – 10 IC
Finkle Swings – 10 IC
The Thang – Modified Ruck n Roll – AMRAP for 20 Min
10x Ruck Chin-Ups (Single Count)
10x 8-count body builders
10x Flutter-Kicks (IC)
10x Brickyard (curl your ruck-> mil press press your ruck up -> lunge each leg while holding ranger carry)
10x Squats (Single Count)
Run 50 yards (At Fort Fun – Mosey to the pavilion and back)
Inspired by GORUCK Cadre Rooney WOD
200M Ruck/Run (At Fort Fun – Mosey to the soccer goal and back)
100M Ruck/Run (At Ft Fun – Mosey to the flag pole and back)
30 Gumbys (15 each side)
::Most completed only 2.5 round before time::
Then…Return to the flags
Hebrews 11 1-3 “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the people of old received their commendation. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.”
- We are all creatures of faith.
- Faith is being sure of something and maintaining confidence even when it has not happened
- We place our faith in lots of things
- When we were young, our parents picking us up from school
- Right now, that the employee is going to pay me for the work I do
- The socratic question is: “The object of your faith is more important that the subject of your faith”
- YHC challenged the pax to think about who or what they are placing their faith in.
- The PAX commenced a long conversation about the proper way to carry a weighted ruck without the internal weight inflicting injury on oneself
- Moneyball demonstrated to proper way to hit oneself both in the face and in the back of the neck with his 30 lbs of weight.
- When discussing the shortfalls of different rucks, YHC jested that rucks could have straps like skydiving rigs through the legs. Marvel retorted that this would merely open the door to get slapped in the groin with a ruck plate. “Given the choice between getting slapped in the junk with a ruck plate, or slapped in the face, I will take a slap in the face any day!” ~Marve
- Go to the announcements page!
- Next Friday starts the lunch and learn bible study in Phillippeans with Bing. Contact him and/or check out the Book of Faces for more details.
- Another opportunity to pack ready bags w/ Rock Solid Foundation is coming April 22. Check the e-mail sent by Bing or contact him for more details.
- F3HR golf outing is Apr 15 ===> here
- Sign Up to Lead a Workout: Q Schedule (Anyone can sign up at any time! We can help you prepare).
- Monthly Challenge: Quad P, aka “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority”
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads