Conditions: The PLOCI (Priorities Level of Clothing Index) was Shorts and Short Sleeves.
Warmarama: SSH, Abe Vigota, Micheal Phelps, Mosey to Track
The Thang: Run around track stopping at 100 meter marks for Merkins, LBCs, and Squats. Start with 5 reps of each and increase your reps by 1 at each 100 meter interval. First two laps completed pax snaked up and down the stadium stairs. Continue 100 meter intervals until 24 reps of each exercise is reached.
Total Work if Prescribed Reps Completed
Merkins – 320
LBC’s – 320
Squats – 320
Run – 1.25 Miles (with a few flights of stairs)
Mary: She did not attend.
COT: March is an exciting time for college basketball fans like myself. I am a North Carolina Tar Heel fan and I have tried to keep my affection for their coaching tree (excluding Doherty) to a minimum for my COTs. Muttering Dean Smith’s name or Tar Heels gets lovely groan from alumni and fans of rival schools in ACC country, and I love hearing them!
But my message today was about a quote from Dean Smith – “You should never be proud of doing the right thing, you should just do the right thing”. The story that leads to this quote is like many things we have to deal with on a daily bases, very disheartening.
Remembering Smith for NPR on the occasion of his death, Feinstein noted how Smith entered a lunchroom with a black man who was a member of Smith’s church. This was a risky move for a young coach to do in the segregated South, and years later Smith’s pastor related the incident to Feinstein. When Feinstein recalled the story to Smith, the coach was disappointed that his pastor had noted it. When Feinstein pressed Smith as to why he would not be proud of his actions as a young man, Smith replied, “John, you should never be proud of doing the right thing, you should just do the right thing!”
Living your life “the right way” has never been an easy thing to do. A lot of times public figures will boast about their good works and charities. Some advertising is needed, how are we going to save the pandas if no one knows you are raising money for bamboo? But posting a selfie every 1/4 of a mile while you are running “The center for kids who can’t read good and want to learn how to do other stuff good too” 5K, might be crossing the line a little.
Giving to the Needy
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
- FNG lived on a pig farm in Arkansas. The Pax seemed to be trying to get some pig related name. Pig pen, SooWee, but when Pork Chop was thrown in and got a collective laugh it was settled.
- 11 Pax posted! Love. It.
- Need to figure out how to get the gate to the track unlocked. Going around it getting old.
- Ready Bags for Roc Solid – See FB page or get with Bing for more info. Thursday 3/11/21 2:00, Chesapeake executive airport.
- 2nd F event East vs West. Yard Games Saturday March 20th Noon. Get with Dreamliner for location information.
- Priorities mentioned a poll that will be going out honing in on the location of the Pax in Hampton Roads. Fill it out when you receive please. This will help get data on where logistically we can have AOs. Something like that.