Like someone telling the Queen to “talk to the hand”–offensive in its frigidity.
The two PAX ran at a intermittent pace down to Lion’s Bridge (gotta smack the lion’s ass, meow) and then back for a final loop around Ferguson Circle.
Followed Wicked’s lead to stretch them hammies.
Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
- YHC has been leading his students through The Common Rule by Justin Whitmel Earley. The book leads through a number of habits designed to recognize limitations, reprioritize, and help foster spiritual growth.
- The most recent “habit” was to Curate Media to Four Hours a Week. An ambitious goal that left YHC very convicted about the nonsense he mindlessly watches rather than the intentional media consumption Mr. Earley describes.
- In turn, this reminds YHC of the above verse, wherein Paul encourages his readers to recognize the true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, praise worthy things that God has put into his creation, and meditate on them. This includes stories/media.
- YHC signed up to Q primarily to get back on the running horse after his January ankle injury. When no other PAX showed until 0530 on the dot, he briefly hoped he was going to be free to return home to the warmth of his bed.
- The conversation on the way to Lion’s Bridge primarily consisted of various diets, body types, and the requisite work to maintain some level of fitness (metabolism).
- The conversation on the way back primarily consisted of wealth, salaries, lifestyle creep financial priorities/security, and how that relates to ones’ view of God, faithfulness, etc (money).
- The next day, Wicked said “it was so cold Marvel and I almost needed to spoon just to stay alive,” which would have been–needless to say–an incredibly impressive feat to manage while running.
- The PAX passed one lonesome walker who looked as surprised to see them running as they were to see him walking at that early hour.
- YHC almost bit it on a pinecone on his bad ankle. So far no long term effects.
- March Quad P – 100 Merkins per day. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- 2ndF Golf Outing –April 1, Noonish. See Moneyball for full details.
- Franksball – April 2 @ Stinkhill; April 7, @ QuackQuackHonk.
- Disc Golf 2ndF – April 22. Time/location TBD. Talk to Marvel if interested.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Save the date!