Number of Pax: 4
Pax Names: Appomattox, Marvel, Wicked, Wilson,
Number of FNGS: 0
- SSH – 20
- Abe Vigoda – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Imperial Walkers – 10
- OH Claps – 10
YHC introduced the PAX to his P.I.T.A (pictured above) and informed them that it was to be held by a PAX for the rest of the beatdown. No penalty for it being set down for certain exercises, but if a PAX can hold it, they should hold it.
Mosey to pavilion the long way around by the rose garden.
Ladder: Complete 10 reps of the following exercises, then mosey around the circle and back. Add the next level.
- SSH (4ct)
- Doorway Curl
- Bonnie Blair
- American Hammer (4ct)
- Imperial Walker
If PAX finished early, they were instructed to start with all 10 levels, then drop on after each run.
Not enough time, plus didn’t you see above that we did a bunch already?
YHC saw the following interaction online–someone making the initial comment, and then a response:
- “Are you living or are you just jumping from one obsession to the tother to run away from yourself?”
- “What are you, the coping mechanism police?”
This resonated with YHC, as he does not struggle with anxiety in the traditional sense, but stress often manifests itself in a manic obsession with SOME NEW THING™. This in turn reminded him of the following verse, from a passage where Jesus is encouraging his listener to not be anxious:
Matthew 6:26: Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
- Anxiety always focuses on the self: what do I need? What can I do/not do to get it? What if I don’t?
- The remedy is to look at God, and to consider (look hard at) these little things that we often overlook like the birds in nature that he provides for, which tell us about God’s great care for us.
- Appomattox was surprised to learn during disclosures that YHC is not a professional.
- Appomattox was also the one to correctly identify YHC’s P.I.T.A as a repurposed Kirkland Signature Animal Cracker bin. It’s an occupational hazard of small child fatherhood.
- YHC got the P.I.T.A. (pain in the ass) concept from Gunner, who once brought ammo boxes filled with sand to a beatdown, declaring that their only purpose was “to be heavy and annoying.” YHC at least tried to make his P.I.T.A. annoying by adding approximately a gallon of water.
- Over the course of the beatdown, the P.I.T.A. did start to leak a little bit and eventually lost the “P.I.T.A.” label on all four sides. See image above for final state.
- YHC got the ladder + P.I.T.A. concept from F3 Suncoast, where he did a similar routine except there was a shared weighted vest that one PAX had to wear at all times. It was a less than pleasant gift to receive when it was your turn.
- June Quad P – Rucking, 1 mile/day with 30 lbs, in preparation for GTE 32. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!