Sunny and 55 degrees – Perfect.
- SSH – 30
- TTT – 15
- Apollos – 15
- Michael Phelps – 15
- Jiminy Crickets – 10
- Helicopters – 15
- LBCs – 100 OYO
Mosey to PNC parking deck, then top floor via the ramps.
Double Stuff Escalator: Complete the prescribed exercises/reps in first corner sprint to the next corner, and then double each number of reps each time:
- 5 Burpees (10, 20, 40)
- 10 Merkins (20, 40, 80)
- 20 Squats (40, 80, 160)
- 40 LBCs (80, 160, 320)
No time for Mary
1 Corinthians 10:13, NIV: “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” … He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
In 1 Corinthians 10:13, Paul says that God provides us an escape route whenever we are tempted. But what happens when we refuse to take the help and instead implement our own ideas? Eventually, our human strength fails, and we give in to temptation. So it was with King David. He’d experienced the Lord’s rescue countless times, but he still allowed temptation to fill his mind and dictate his actions. And it came with consequences.
In today’s passage, we see that David took some time off and stayed at the palace, which probably appeared harmless enough—one of the perks of being king. And requesting Bathsheba’s presence must have seemed like a pathway to pleasure. But these choices led to the murder of Bathsheba’s husband and set in motion a cover-up. Ultimately, the Lord demanded an accounting.
Like David, we may consider the company we keep, places we go, and choices we make as relatively harmless. But later, after we’ve succumbed to temptation, we’re filled with regret.
Fortunately, that is not the end of the story for the king or for us. David’s heartfelt repentance was accepted by God, and if we confess, ours will be, too (1 John 1:9). Ask the Lord today for discernment to recognize the temptations in front of you and the strength to take His way of escape.
- YHC stole this workout. Marvel was the creator of this hour of torture.
- Today was Mango’s Birthday! We sang happy birthday. A Veteran’s organization (promoting Mental Health Awareness) was setting up for a walk next to the shovel flags. A kind veteran heard us singing “Happy Birthday” and brought over a crisp $5 bill for Mango – a very kind gesture and a great way to start your birthday!
- Great to have Firewall back for a third week. There was a lot of good mumble chatter as we made our way from station to station.
- We could not tell if the group of teens/young adults that joined us on the top deck were doing parkour or just blitzed out of their minds.
- #TankBank is our newest AO and will have its second workout Wednesday at the #FortFun location.
- ZOOM Bible study kicks off next Friday. Bing will send details.
- F3 golf April 15 at Cedar Point. Info on Facebook page. See Moneyball.
- A second Roc Solid ready bag event 2 PM 4/22.
- F3 Hampton Roads shirt order – see Facebook page and recent email.