Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership. The F3 Credo is: Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you find him. Our workouts are free, open to all men, held outdoors, peer led, end with a Circle of Trust.
- I am not a professional. I’m not being paid to lead this workout.
- You are participating at your own risk.
- You are responsible for your own well-being
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can. Modify as needed but do not modify your effort.
Discuss calling two-minute and one-minute warnings before workout, mumble chatter, how to call an exercise, and how to count. Start on time, end on time.
SSH – 25 IC, Imperial Walkers – 15 IC, Thru the Tunnel 10 IC, Michael Phelps – 10 IC
“The Next Exercise is _______”
“Starting Position … Move”
“In Cadence [or On My Count, or On Your Own (OYO)]… Exercise”
Q: 1,2,3; PAX: 1; Q: Last rep higher inflection. PAX: “Halt;” Recover
Mountain Climbers – 10 IC, Squats – 10 IC. Mosey around the parking lot
Six stations around the school: hold exercise while truth nugget was dropped on PAX, followed by exercise, followed by run.
Truth Nugget 1 – Plank, Merkins
- It’s not about YOU.
Truth Nugget 2 – Al Gore, Squats
- Actually PLAN your Workout
Truth Nugget 3 – 6 inches, Big Boi Situps
- If you can’t DO IT, you can’t Q IT (Do not “clipboard” in F3). Q must be able/willing to do anything you call; ≠ “first,” but proper form.
Truth Nugget 4 – Plank, Carolina Dry Docks
- Better to have too MUCH than not ENOUGH.
Truth Nugget 5 – 6 inches, American Hammers
- Always wear a WATCH (We start and end on-time. End time is the end of the workout and not the end of COT. Cutting workout short if several FNGs is okay but should not be the norm.)
Truth Nugget 6 – Al Gore, Lunges
- NEVER Leave a Man Behind (bedrock principle of F3. We start together/finish together. If many PAX, assign a “sweeper” to this.)
Circle of Pain: PAX take turns counting out ten of the exercise, while all other PAX do AMRAP until their turn to count 10. Merkins (plank), Big Boys (6 inches), Squats (Al Gore). Run after each set of 100. *Big Boys modified to 60 reps, Squats modified to 40 reps
- Focus here is on Mumble Chatter, Morale, and Camaraderie.
- Praise individually and critique as a group.
- Discussed Paying Attention to the PAX:
- Engage the PAX
- LOOK at the Pax
- Demonstrate when needed
- Don’t be afraid to audible if workout isn’t working for the PAX.
- Explain what acronyms stand for
Five principals with #1 burpee after 1, 2 burpees after #2, etc. (Free, Open, Outside, Peer Led, COT)
Mary – Dealer’s Choice
- PAX pick an an exercise with 5 reps. Mention one thing they learned during Q School. PAX practice “How to call an exercise” and “How to Count” for their exercise.
CIRCLE OF TRUST
James 3:1 “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness”
Matthew 4:19 “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”
John 13:13-15 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.” I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.”
Prayer requests and prayer
- F3 golf April 15 at Cedar Point. Info on Facebook page. See Moneyball.
- Friday prayer zoom call probably starting next week. Bing will provide details.
- A second Roc Solid ready bag event will be scheduled.
- F3 Hampton Roads shirt order – see Facebook page and recent email.
- Possible Saturday morning AO at Bennett’s Creek Park