50, no breeze, great weather.
What is a “Weinke”? Why you should use one.
- I am not a professional (exercise trainer).
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own well-being
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can
- SSH – 25 IC
- Arm Circles – 10/10 IC
- Through the Tunnel – 15 IC
- Abe Vigoda – 15 IC
Discussed calling two-minute and one-minute warnings before workout, mumble chatter, how to call an exercise, and how to count.
- “The Next Exercise is _______”
- “Starting Position … Move”
- “In Cadence [or On My Count, or On Your Own (OYO)]… Exercise”
Q: 1,2,3; PAX: 1; Q: Last rep higher inflection. PAX: “Halt;” Recover
One lap around parking lot
In warmup circle area, hold exercise while truth nugget was dropped on PAX, followed by exercise, followed by lap around parking lot.
- Level 1. Plank, Plank Jacks
It’s not about YOU.
- Level 2. Al Gore, Squats
Actually PLAN your Workout
- Level 3. 6 inches, Big Boy Situps
If you can’t DO IT, you can’t Q IT (Do not “clipboard” in F3). Q must be able/willing to do anything you call; ≠ “first,” but proper form.
- Level 4. Plank, Shoulder Taps
Better to have too MUCH than not ENOUGH
- Level 5. Al Gore, Lunges
Always wear a WATCH (We start and end on-time. End time is the end of the workout and not the end of COT. Cutting workout short if several FNGs is okay but should not be the norm.)
- Level 6. 6 inches, American Hammers
NEVER Leave a Man Behind (bedrock principle of F3. We start together/finish together. If many PAX, assign a “sweeper” to this.) Discussed “string of pearls” approach.
Kinda Dora Partner Sets:
- 100 Merkins (P1 does 10 while P2 holds plank; 100 for group)
- Shuttle run
- 100 Big Boy Situps (P1 does 10 while P2 holds 6 inches 100 for group)
- Shuttle run
- 100 Squats (P1 does 10 while P2 holds Al Gore; 100 for group)
- Shuttle run
Focus here is on Mumble Chatter, Morale, and Camaraderie.
Praise individually and critique as a group.
Discussed Paying Attention to the PAX
- Engage the PAX
- LOOK at the Pax
- Demonstrate when needed
- Don’t be afraid to audible if workout isn’t working for the PAX.
5 Core Principles of F3:
- Are free of charge, 1 burpee
- Are open to ALL men, 2 burpees
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold, 3 burpees
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary, 4 burpees
- End with a circle of trust, 5 burpees
Test: repeat back 5 core principles (in order).
Review with Canoe/boat: Switch when repeating something learned.
Chumbaburpee: SSH and burpees to the song, “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba
Romans 12:1 – I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Discussed suggestion to Q within first 10 posts, 50 post requirement to Q to earn a spot on Lady Glitter Sparkles, and the importance of Back Blasts (within 24 hours).
Discussed naming FNGs
- Q is responsible for ensuring FNG leaves with a name, not necessarily coming up with the name
- Q can put some ideas to the PAX for a vote
- Name should be somewhat appropriate for polite company… can you tell it to your kids or M?… can you yell it across a crowded grocery store to your F3 buddy?
- Should not be something that discourages a PAX from returning (e.g., naming a doctor “Malpractice”)
Resources to help plan your Q:
- Sign-up to Q via the Q schedule by entering your name for the workout you want to lead – no permission needed from anyone to sign up!
- F3hamptonroads.com/Pax/Q Schedule
- Other PAX – ask someone to review your VQ (Virgin Q) ideas
- F3nation.com/Pax/Exicon (can download to Excel the entire list of F3 exercises or use website’s search features)
- Quad P for November is Planking (specifically Chillcut Plank). Simply log the longest one performed each day. Attack your own personal goal. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Christmas Town Dash 8k – December 5 @ Busch Gardens. Several PAX are running the race; signup at this link. Let Dreamliner or Lawn Boy know if you are interested in Clown Car to the event.
- December 2ndF Saturday, Dec 11 starting at 3:30 at Scully’s home, 2217 Kendall St, VA Beach. Agenda includes a beer exchange or wine for those inclined, ping pong, kayaking if willing to brave the cold, there is also a lighted boat parade not too far away from 5-8 if anyone wants to make the trek over (caroling??). Bring you M’s, 2.0’s, and hor d’oeuvres to share!
- Santa Claus Shuffle – December 12 @ Olde Towne Portsmouth. To join Team F3 & FIA Hampton Roads click this link.