Suddenly cold, like the first time you try out a dig at your wife’s family.
- Michael Phelps
- Sideways Lunge
- Through the Tunnel
- Grady Corn
SPRINT to the cart corral and back, returning to the following stations in the order the PAX arrive.
Quality AMRAP: The PAX were instructed to aim for quality (specific prescriptions in parenthesis below) over quantity in the following stations. PAX do not transition until relieved at their station. If multiple PAX are at a station, only one PAX moves on at a time. When transitioning, run out ~100 feet and back to next station.
- Man Maker (chest to coupon contact)
- Leg Lift + Bench Press
- Goblet Squat (≤90°, with coupon not in front of feet)
- Curl (pecker to chin)
- Block Jump Over (vertical orientation for extra credit)
- Grip Strengthener – 25R/25L, then mosey around the whole area and relieve #1
Dealer’s Choice: focusing on solid reps, 10 reps each: Penguin Crunches (heels together, as far from 6 as possible) + Supermans (up/down on sub-Q).
- YHC discovered some untapped areas of his heart and undeclared M.O. while speaking to his counselor, which reminded him of the above verses.
- 1. The heart is deceitful and sick–often the world says to “follow your heart” but sometimes your heart is saying “doing this bad or destructive thing!”
- 2. Pride can mask the fact that we are on unstable ground. Be humble and recognize your perspective, motives, goals are not as good as you think.
- 3. Your heart is very important, and guarding/”keeping” it means both keep bad stuff from getting into it, but also watching it directly to make sure bad stuff is not coming out of it.
- To these ends, we need:
- Diligence, persistence, and patience
- Community–others to help us see what is going on in our heart, because we–by definition–cannot see our own blind spots.
- Lots of mumble chatter during Warm-O-Rama, which YHC does not mind. As some PAX started counting louder to counteract, the chatters proportionally increased their volume.
- YHC was completely unsure how the Quality AMRAP routine would work out. Timing wise, it was nearly perfect. The question of strain, however, will be resolved in the next few days as the PAX do (or don’t) have encroaching soreness.
- This routine was a response (in part) to Slaughter’s recent admonition that many PAX of F3 Nation are fractional-assing exercises.
- YHC’s math streak stays alive, in that he knew exactly what he intended to write, and wrote it down, but it was the wrong thing to write.
- Some snide comments about the relative weight of various coupons. Apparently Funny Car’s weighs more due to the multiple layers of paint–which may or may not have been lead-based. If it was, that would explain the sudden IQ drops when PAX got to that station.
- Heavy critiques of Wicked’s attention to detail (or more accurately, the lack thereof).
- On an unrelated note: Wicked has been much more decisive on boat purchasing than doctor scheduling.
- Money quotes:
- “You’re in charge but you can’t make any decisions.”
- “She’s an immensely proud person.” “It doesn’t sound like she has a lot to be proud of.“
- “Which is better: a small, white Weinke or a bunch of big, brown Weinkes?”
- Lots of encouragement for those on station 6: GRIP FASTER, RUN ALREADY, ARE-YOU-EVEN-COUNTING, etc. Good stuff.
- YHC got props for remembering all of the prayer requests except for accidentally having Moneyball adopt Funny Car’s college-aged daughter.
- May Quad P – Will be weekly Murphs, in preparation for Memorial Day. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- 2ndF-3rdF Event – May 13 AM at Gas Station’s YMCA location in Newport News.
- Memorial Day Murph – Monday, May 30, 0700-0800 (or when all PAX are done) @ Western Branch HIGH School (Blackwater AO’s location). See here for what the Murph entails.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!