AO: Gas Station
Number of Pax: 5
Pax Names: Appomattox, Joker, Marvel, Wicked, Wilson,
Number of FNGS: 0
QIC: Marvel (sort of)
F3 & Covid Disclosures
YHC assumes so
Mosey to Fort Fun. Pay the toll at Burpee Hollow.
Murph Practice: Before YHC arrived, the PAX engaged in some Murph Rounds of Pull-ups, Merkins, Squats.
Plank-Off: All PAX attempt longest plank possible. When done, run to Burpee Hollow and back, do set of 50 LBCs. If still not done, rinse and repeat w/overhead claps, lunges.
Gunpowder Plot PAX switch off doing 11 Squats and 5 Pull-ups for 4 rounds of each. Mosey around the parking circle and back. Then move on to 4 rounds of 11 Merkins/5 WWIIs switching off in the same manner.
Mosey to the flag. Pay the toll at Burpee Hollow.
Captain Thor: Leg Lifts/Penguin Crunches in a 1:4 ratio OYO.
1 Timothy 2:1–4:  First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,  for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.  This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,  who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- In light of the recent election, YHC was thinking about all the Christians saying “this is what government should be like.” While Scripture certainly speaks to what government should aim for in terms of justice, mercy, compassion, and care for the less fortunate, there are precious few passages that say directly what kind of things Christians should want from government, and this passage is one.
- YHC is struck by how this vision of a government that enables “peaceful and quiet life, dignified in every way” contrasts with what so many–including so many Christians–want from government.
- As one might have guessed, YHC arrived quite late. Due in part to a faulty alarm, in part to a needy child.
- Relatedly, YHC was flying down Warwick Blvd., but was struck by how many cars were sailing past him still.
- A discerning reader can see the remnants of what was going to be a thoroughly “Remember, remember the Fifth of November”-themed beatdown. Such an erudite audience will have to settle for V for Vendetta instead.
- YHC missed out on a great deal of mumble chatter but a couple PAX got in a light tit-for-tat riff of VT vs. UVA
- YHC is amused because UVA fans get real cocky until the conversation turns to football; likewise VT fans seem to only want to talk about football.
- Joker is trying to lay heavy burdens on any PAX who absentmindedly forgets the toll at Burpee Hollow.
- Quad P for November will be Planking (specifically Chillcut Plank). Simply log the longest one performed each day. Attack your own personal goal. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying 1 Timothy. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – TOMORROW, Saturday morning beatdown/festivities at Stinkhill (Mt. Trashmore), 0700-0800 beatdown, coffeeteria festivities afterward.