Cold like your feet when you leave the freezer open.*
- SSH – 30
- Give Ups – 10
- Helicopters – 10
- Abe Vigoda – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
Mosey to Fort Fun. 5 LL Cool Js^ as toll at Burpee Hollow
S’Murph (Shared Murph): Partner Up, each set of partners shared reps to complete a Murph (100 Pull-Ups, 200 Merkins, 300 Squats). Sets were completed as 5 Pull-ups, 10 Merkins, 15 Squats. When not repping, PAX were given the option of Chillcut Plank or Side Straddle Hops. Pro-tip: announce the count to partner after each set.
Mosey back to the gazebo. 5 LL Cool Js as a toll at Burpee Hollow.
Elevens: Step-Ups and Wing Nuts; Started at 10/1 (IC), respectively, decreasing/increasing reps until reaching 1/10 (IC).
Mosey to the (void of) flags.
Dealer’s Choice AMRAP: 20 secs each–
- Leg Lifts
- Alabama Prom Dates
- Penguin Crunches
- High Plank
Matthew 11:28–30 – 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
- The rest for all things ailing you is found in Jesus. We don’t earn that rest but we can access it through prayer, Bible, and fellowship with other Christians.
- Don’t underestimate the power of other’s speaking God’s truth into your life, or you speaking it into theirs.
- *There may be a finite number of these comparisons. They can’t all make sense.
- ^ LL Cool Js substituted for standard Burpees in honor of his birthday (today).
- Some mumble chatter about the hardened-hip-hop-artist to character-my-mom-likes-on-that-one-show pipeline (see also Ice Cube).
- Other mumble chatter included:
- The fact that when YHC Qs, the PAX better come with some good mumble chatter material for him to include in BBs.
- Joker’s fancy birthday hat.
- Proper explanation of the purpose of testicles to 2.0s.
- Billboard’s desire to see Appomattox “twerk his hips.”
- How “CPAs† are way dumber and way harder than they look.”
- †This may have been a mishearing of of Supermans
- Surprisingly did not include anything Smurph related, perhaps because the PAX did not have the BB image in mind.
- YHC thinks this BB picture qualifies as a cursed image.
- Fond-ish memories of Deflator’s propensity to intentionally speed up the cadence during SSH until the PAX were basically completing Red Bull SSHs. YHC apparently did this during the Warmarama. It was accidental.
- YHC remembered Smurph Jacks too late to integrate it well into the beatdown.
- The PAX completed the S’murph a full 10 minutes faster than YHC expected. Bravo!
- Which gazebo the PAX utilize is always contingent on current occupancy.
- Wing Nuts hurt when you do them right and long. That’s what she said.
- Yes, this BB has footnotes.
- Quad P for January is Weight loss. Pick goal weight and work toward it. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- 2nd/3rd F Charity Top Golf Event by CT3 (Scully’s 2.0) is on Sunday, January 16. See Slack for coordinating details.
- 2nd F Lunches this TODAY at JoJack’s in Churchland and Friday, 1/21 at Mezeh in Peninsula Town Center in Hampton.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.