Colder than a phone call with that girl you dated for a bit in college and haven’t talked to since.
Honestly cannot remember.
PAX moseyed to Mariner’s Museum Parking lot via Warwick Blvd.
Once there, they completed 5 minutes of Suicides using the medians and far side of the parking lot as marks.
PAX then moseyed together to the CNU parking deck, again via Warwick Blvd.
Once there, they completed a set of Suicides using the two walls on each level as marks. This took the remainder of allotted time.
PAX then returned to the flags together (via the stairs).
Luke 2:8-20/Matthew 2:1-12–The Angels, the Shepherds, and the Wise Men.
- YHC was considering what he in particular needed to learn this holiday season; the spirit of giving and generosity are good lessons but are not in particular need in his particular situation at this particular time.
- While listening to the above passages at various services over the last few weeks, YHC consider that what he needs to hear and follow is the example of:
- The Angel/Heavenly Host: not your typical flowing-robes-with-blond-hair stereotype, but rather the army/warriors of heaven
- The Shepherds: who left their flock in the middle of the night
- The Wise Men (not three, we don’t know how many there were–just that they brought three gifts): who left their home/positions for a time to come and find Jesus
- Each of these did not “do” anything except to wonder/glory in the fact of Jesus’ birth. And told others of the same.
- A lot of what YHC needs to “do” is to stop trying to “do” and to just wonder and glory in the fact that Son, the Second Person of the Trinity of the Living God, became a baby, to save his people.
- Lot of mumble chatter about the temperature and its effect on the PAX.
- In that vein, YHC inadvertently inspired Wicked to go gloveless by delaying putting on his own gloves until right before the group took off. Sorry not sorry.
- Decent amount of grumbling at the announcement of both Suicide routines.
- Democrats are dumb and wrong. Republicans are dumb and wrong. The only ones who are smart and right are YHC and Wicked.
- Post-COT mumble chatter about the intersection of LGBT issues and family life. Appomattox recommended Carl Trueman’s Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self and YHC recommended Alan Noble’s You Are Not Your Own for diagnosis of many of the cultural issues of the day.
- Quad P for December is Consistency. Pick an exercise/amount and try to hit it every day in of the month. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Christmas Day Convergence – Saturday, December 25, 0530-0615 @ the Boathouse.
- New Year’s Day West/East Convergences – Saturday, January 1, 0700-0800 @ Hyzerbomb and Funny Farm.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.