Moist and overcast with 60s in mid December
F3 & Covid Disclosures
Go home if you have Covid. Don’t hurt yourself, but if you do, Thriller has office hours in Newport News on Thursdays.
SSH, IW, TTT, Michael Phelps, Helicopter
December 11 is the anniversary of a famous Muhammad Ali fight so this workout was themed around his training regimen
He started each morning at 5:30 with a 6 mile run. We didn’t have time for that so we did 6 laps around the Hyzerbomb circle (We stopped when 6 hit 3 laps but the leaders claim they got all 6 in)
Ali was aware of the importance of stretching and did it a lot throughout his workout, so we did a short stretch
3 minute sets of boxing warm-up exercises just as Ali did:
side steps, torso swivels, jumping rope (not standing in the same place, you’ve got to float like a butterfly)
Ali would then do an hour of speedbag, heavy bag and shadowboxing. We didn’t any bags so we just put on our gloves and did 12 rounds of shadowboxing with 10 reps in each round as follows:
- Jab, jab, cross
- Jab, jab, cross, left hook
- Jab, jab, cross, left hook, right uppercut
- switch to southpaw:, j, j, c
- j, j, c, h
- j, j, c, h, u,
- back to normal stance: j, j, c, slide, slide (which is a bob and weave with abs and legs involved)
- j, j, c, slide, slide, hook, hook
- j, j, c, s, s, h, h, s, s, u, u
- south paw: j, j, c, s, s, h, h, s, s, u, u
- normal stance: j, j, c, s, s, h, h, s, s, u, u, burpee
- j, j, c, burpee, s, s, h, h, burpee, s, s, u, u, burpee
3 more 3 minute set of side to sides, torso swivels, and jumping rope
Ali ended his workouts with 15 minutes of Abs. He did 5 mins each of bicycle crunches, straight leg sit ups, and leg lifts
We started this but then had to modify. We did a full 15 minutes but added in flutter kicks, american hammers, and crunchy frogs. We also did an Indian run lap in there somewhere to break up the abs.
The fight anniversary was Ali’s last fight in 1981. He lost his last fight ever. As long as you go out swinging, the world can still remember you as The Greatest.
“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
- Huggies splashed Merlot on the 2nd lap but made up for it by grabbing a speaker and blasting “Eye of the Tiger” as we did our boxing warm ups. We then played the Rocky soundtrack as we shadowboxed. He themed our Ab workout to Cher’s “Life after Love” and Eminem as well.
- Moneyball’s shirt got wet
- coffeteria after at starbucks