Number of Pax: 3
Pax Names: Bachelor Pad, Joker, Marvel,
Number of FNGS: 0
It’s July in Virginia, what do you want me to say?! IT’S HOT AND WET.
- SSH – 20
- TTT – 10
- Imperial Walkers – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
- The Give-Up – 10
Mosey to Ferguson garage, bottom of first ramp.
Easy As ABC: At the bottom of reach ramp, the PAX did the following exercises in sequence, increasing reps by one for each exercise. Then mosey up the ramp and around to the bottom of the next ramp, picking up with the next number in sequence but restarting in the order of exercises:
- 1 Burpee (then 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31)
- 2 Lunges (then 7, 12, 17, 22, 27, 32)
- 3 Hand Release Merkins (then 8, 13, 18, 23, 28, 33)
- 4 Squats (then 9, 14, 19, 24, 29, 34)
- 5 American Hammers, 2ct (then 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35)
If a PAX finished before the others, he held Wall Sit until they finished.
Mosey back to the flag.
2 Peter 3:8–9: But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
- YHC was talking with a friend recently and was struck by how often as humans we think of big, life-altering single moments in our relationships with other and God, when more often it is the slow, small, constant moments that have a larger effect, especially cumulatively.
- YHC encouraged the PAX to consider those moments a more important and feel the freedom to not have everything resting on one, big moment.
- YHC came up with this routine late the night before and laughingly considered it to be a possibility that the PAX would have time for another routine. How naive.
- The only PAX to make it all the way through the seventh floor was Bachelor Pad; Joker and YHC. made it mid-way into that floor’s set.
- Lots of talk about recently released TV shows and movies, due largely to the recent illness of several PAX that left them laid up with lots of free time.
- Specifically, discussions of Stranger Things, Barry, The Batman, and the Thor movies.
- After floor 2 YHC started a rumor about possible audibles. Joker challenged the PAX to make it all the way to the top floor; it didn’t happen but it was a worthy push nonetheless.
- What is the best way to do 31 Burpees consecutively? Quick sets with short breaks or a slow but constant pace?
- Good news: YHC picked the worst of both worlds: a slow pace with breaks.
- July Quad P – 50 American Hammers per day, plus commenting on FB or Slack. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Disc Golf 2ndF Outing – Friday, July 29. Time TBD. Let Marvel know if you can make it.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!