F3 & Covid Disclosures
- SSH – 25
- Lawn Mowers – 10/10
- Grady Corn – 10
- Abe Vigoda – 10
Mosey to Fort Fun. Pay the toll at Burpee Hollow.
Double Dime: Four rounds of the following five exercises/reps; run to Burpee Hollow and back between rounds.
- Squats – 50
- Crunchy Frogs – 40
- Step-ups – 30
- HR Merkins – 20
- Pull-ups – 10
Mosey to the flag. Pay the toll at Burpee Hollow.
Proverbs 14:29: Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.
Ecclesiastes 7:9: Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
- Anger is often provoked by one of these being in danger:
- Our identity/self-worth
- Our values/things we care about
- Our needs/wants
- Discerning the why of our anger is the first step of controlling it, instead of being controlled by it.
- No PAX took YHC up on solving the riddle of the name of the routine. The MYSTERY REMAINS.
- Side note: YHC spent way too much time creating that Hardy Boys image.
- Lots of mumble chatter about good topics. The rough train of thought was as follows:
- Wicked’s Whoop Strap‘s advantages/disadvantages (mostly the latter), which measures heart rate variability.
- YHC’s experience with rising heart rate in several church meetings (personal high was 147 bpm, while seated and still).
- YHC’s experience in counseling situations within the church, the challenges thereof, and most common approaches to.
- The prevalence of pornography use across society, how experiences with it work in relation to one’s upbringing, and its deleterious effects.
- The almighty algorithm that can steer people into dark places, be it porn or white supremacy (see this podcast for a perspective on the latter).
- Lots of good post-COT-pre-prayer chatter about anger and the PAX’s various struggles with it. YHC recommends the book Good & Angry by David Powlison for helpful and profound insight on the issue.
- Quad P for November will be Planking (specifically Chillcut Plank). Simply log the longest one performed each day. Attack your own personal goal. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying 1 Timothy. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday beatdown/festivities. Register here until Oct 29.