Number of Pax: 2
Number of FNGS: 0
- Various Arm Stretches OYO
- SSH – 25
- TTT – 10
- Sideways Lunges – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
- The Give-Up – 10
Oh Craps (Modified): The PAX moseyed to and fro about the AO (that rhymes, BTW) and stopped at various locations, at which point a PAX would pick an exercise and then roll the dice to determine how many reps (number rolled x5) of that exercise all PAX would complete. Some exercises were modified to single count or IC as was appropriate. The locations visited included:
- Tennis Center Picnic Tables
- Beachfront Picnic Tables
- Crab Shack on the James
- Boat Ramp Parking Lot Road
- South Side of Lake Biggins
- Pavilion in Fort Fun Field
- Lake Biggins Fishing Pier
- Fort Fun
- Burpee Hollow
- War Museum
- Flag (or rather the place where the flag would be if it wasn’t in YHC’s trunk).
Exercises chosen included, but were not limited to (in no particular order):
- Step Ups
- Burpees (luckily only a 10)
- Leg Lifts
- Johnny Dramas
- Dead Hangs
- Wing Nuts
- Box Jumps
- Assisted Squats
- Mountain Climbers
- Wall Sit
- Donkey Kicks
Additionally, at Burpee Hollow, each PAX picked a burpee variant and both PAX did 5 of each.
Mosey back to the flag.
2 Corinthians 5:15 – [Jesus] died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.
- YHC has been listening to a lot of Paul Tripp’s podcast, from the very beginning and he recently came across an episode where Tripp makes the point that “marriage is just disappointing” because it is made up of two sinners.
- He made the point that often the disappointment stems from putting unrealistic expectations on our spouse–often unspoken, and often expectations that they could never live up to.
- Tripp encourages his listeners, and YHC has been wrestling with/encouraged the PAX with was to identify and dismantle those unrealistic expectations, and to look to God and his grace for the “fuel” to love your wife well.
- Lot of mumble chatter about the convergence of daycare and children’s illnesses and difficulties of navigating both for working parents.
- YHC was surprised by happening upon two different people around the AO, one of which was standing in plain view and was only noticed when he said “mornin’.”
- Good to get down to the lesser visited portion of the AO by the beach and pier, in addition to the fishing pier on the interior pond (Lake Biggins) that Wilson did not know existed.
- BB title comes from the ICONIC song “Ridin’ Dirty” by Chamillionaire admittedly it was talking about a different kind of rolling. BB image comes from the admittedly-more-relatable-to-YHC parody by Weird Al, “White and Nerdy”.
- July Quad P – 50 American Hammers per day, plus commenting on FB or Slack. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Disc Golf 2ndF Outing – Friday, July 29. Time TBD. Let Marvel know if you can make it.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!