Number of Pax: 5
Pax Names: Bachelor Pad, Joker, Marvel, Wicked, Wilson,
Number of FNGS: 0
Brisk like the tea.
F3 & Covid Disclosures
- SSH – 25
- Abe Vigoda – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Helicopters – 10
- Toy Soldiers – 10
Mosey to Ferguson Garage, second floor, with coupons.
Stink B.O.M.B.S.: Partners share the following reps. While Partner 1 does exercises, Partner 2 does 50 Curls -or- Runs a lap of the floor.
- 100 Burpees
- 200 Overhead Presses
- 300 Merkins
- 400 Big Boys
- 500 Squats
Mosey to the flag.
James 4:1 – What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you?
- “War within you” = in your members, between yourself—sometimes there are different things you want!
- Sometimes our anger can be an overflowing of competing desires within us—each vying for control.
- Again, discerning the why is crucial to handing it over to God (giving up control) and overcoming it.
- YHC put out a small whiteboard to direct late PAX as to the group’s location. No one took advantage of it!
- At one point Wicked said this beatdown “sucks” and Bachelor Pad rightly corrected him to “stinks.”
- Interesting to see the dynamic of who did curls vs. running, and when.
- YHC missed out on some mumble chatter due to the lap, but one PAX’s wife read their 2.0 a poem? Also YHC had the Spidey and His Amazing Friends theme stuck in his head, and relayed the story of how he accidentally hit himself in the family jewels so hard he ended up crying on the floor.
- Continuing the thread of COT discussion about anger and the PAX’s various struggles with it. YHC recommends the book Good & Angry by David Powlison for helpful and profound insight on the issue.
- Quad P for November will be Planking (specifically Chillcut Plank). Simply log the longest one performed each day. Attack your own personal goal. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying 1 Timothy. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday morning beatdown/festivities at Stinkhill (Mt. Trashmore).