Number of Pax: 7
Pax Names: Dirt Bike, Kick Stand, LinkedIn, Shakespeare, SubMac, Thriller, Wilson,
Number of FNGS: 0
Mids 70s and Sunny
Apollo shines glory upon the last day of burpees
F3 & Covid Disclosures
Delta is getting worse. Get vaccinated or stay away from me.
Don’t hurt yourself, but if you do, Thriller has office hours in Newport News on Thursdays
SSH, IW, TTT, MP, helicopters
Inaugural debut of the ‘Thriller Ab Killer’ (trademark pending)+ last day of burpees= big bad beat down
2 teams competing for the most burpees at end of workout…there were undisclosed prizes offered as incentives
First teammate runs to white sign and back (~100 yards) and all other teammates must complete 25 reps of the progressive ‘Thriller Ab Killer’. Once finished with their ab exercise they then have the pleasure of doing burpees until their teammate returns from run and completes his 25 ab reps. Teammates rotate running and those not running continue down the ab exercise list and do as many burpees as they can to increase their team total. Most burpees at the end wins.
Thriller Ab Killer:
- Big Boys
- Crunchy Frog
- Flutter kicks (4 count)
- Oblique V-up (right side)
- Oblique V-up (left side)
- Swimmers (on belly lifting legs and arms as if doing a doggy paddle)
- Plank Rotate Reach (high plank and then rotate one arm up to sky and reach under as far as possible)
- American Hammers (25 each side)
- Straight leg lifts
- Little Baby Crunches
- O-rings (spin feet in O shape)
- penguin cruches (aka heel touches)
- shoulder tap plank
- Bicycle (25 forward, 25 backward)
- Bird Dog (on hands and knee and reach left and forward while right foot goes back and then switch)
- leg wipers (on 6 and make feet go left and right like windshield wipers)
- Climber taps (mountain climbers with left elbow to right knee and switch)
- Standing knee to elbow (25 each side)
Wasn’t that enough?!?
“I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.” –Leonardo Da Vinci
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians:13
- All Pax were too out of breath to say much. “LAST DAY OF BURPEES!” was yelled frequently through spit, sweat, and spite.
- Linked In showed up late in a ruck sack. This was an acceptable excuse as he had already rucked 70+ miles and did this workout and then turned down a ride and rucked 60+ miles back to his car…hard core!
- Wilson, Kickstand, and Dirt bike team won the burpees challenge with 500+ burpees (not exaggerating this time) losing team had 345 burpees. Having more people apparently was not an advantage in this competition.
- Winning team received ice cold gatorades out of a cooler…losing team got hot gatorades that had been sitting in the hot car for an hour
- Today was Shakespeare’s first post in about 2 years. Hopefully all the burpees did not deter a returning rally of posts for him