AO: Gas Station
Number of Pax: 6
Pax Names: Catapult, Huggies, Marvel, Moneyball, Musket, Wilson,
Number of FNGS: 0
Like a milkshake on a warm summer day–just the right amount of cool.
- SSH – 21s
- Michael Phelps – 12
- Give Ups – 12
- TTT – 12
- Finkle Swings – 12/12
Indian run with coupons–leader rifle carries–past the rose garden, to the tennis courts.
Twenty-Ones: The PAX did sets totaling 21 of two different exercises: Squats and Curls, starting with 20 Squats and 1 Curl. After each set, all PAX moseyed to far side of courts and back. At 5/10/15 reps, Squats were temporarily swapped for Big Boy Sit-ups and Curls were swapped for Burpees. Once the Squats got to 10 reps and below, they were swapped out for Wet Toilet Seats.
Mosey back to the flags.
COP: Dealer’s choice coupon exercises of 21 reps each–
- Overhead Press
- Wet Toilet Seats
- Bench Press
- Kettle Bell Swings
- Goblet Squats
Chillcut Plank for 30 seconds.
1 Corinthians 10: (really the whole chapter, but specifically the following):
-  Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did.
-  No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
-  Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
-  “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.
-  So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
YHC reflected on the ending of one year, reflecting on the good and the bad and what to think for the next, new year. It reminded him of 1 Corinthians 10, in which Paul does much the same with the church he writes to. There are also a number of good exhortations in this chapter (listed above) that YHC finds specially relevant when considering how to live more faithfully.
- YHC signed up to Q for the first available slot after he returned from Christmas vacation, to force himself to get back out ASAP.
- In some ways, this was a success; in others, notsomuch.
- It being the last day of 2021, Twenty-Ones seemed like a good choice.
- YHC did not realize that apparently everyone else in the last week had a similar thought.
- YHC also tried to “speed it up” because normally Twenty-Ones take the whole beatdown. This was minimally successful.
- Most mumble chatter was about COVID:
- Who has it (*cough*cough*YOUKNOWWHOYOUARE*cough*)
- The number of people the PAX know who have it (higher than most other times in the last two years)
- Those peoples’ symptoms (Itchy skin?! Who even knew!?)
- Huggies decided to do everything harder because he “didn’t come out this early in the morning to half-ass it.”
- Quad P for January is Weight loss. Pick goal weight and work toward it. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- 2nd/3rd F Charity Top Golf Event by CT3 (Scully’s 2.0) is on Sunday, January 16. See Slack for coordinating details.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.