Just moist and warm enough to keep everyone uncomfortable.
Multiple times, actually.
- SSH – 25
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Give Up – 10
- TTT – 10
- Sideways Lunge – 10
Mosey to the Tennis Center picnic tables.
F3 Uno: Regular Uno rules, but upon play, all PAX perform card number as number of reps, exercise designated by the card color [brackets = total reps completed]:
- Red: Burpees 
- Blue: Merkins 
- Green: Squats 
- Yellow: Leg Lifts 
If any PAX need to draw a card for whatever reason, all PAX mosey behind the Tennis Center to the stadium seating (where draw pile is located) and back [3+ times, YHC would put the number in excess of 15 times]. On all un-numbered cards (Reverse, Skip, Regular Wilds) all PAX did 10 Bonnie Blairs [3 times].
Mosey back to the flags.
1 Corinthians 9:24–27—Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- YHC referenced the above verse about effort, and contrasted it with other places where the Apostle Paul (author of the above verses) explicitly rejects human effort as a means to salvation. Humans like to know “which is necessary?” but Paul and the rest of Scripture stands in a tension: “Salvation is from God alone, and here is what God is calling you to do.”
- In light of this, YHC encouraged the PAX to not look to themselves as the source of worth, value, etc., but also to be faithful to what God has called them to.
- Two FNGs, brothers, joined us: welcome to Yeti and Flanders.
- Good bit of confusion as to what to do with/around the draw pile to start out.
- Kept reassuring the FNGs that “we don’t always play games” while also talking about how yesterday’s, today’s, and tomorrow’s beatdown were all games, basically.
- Flanders showed up considerably late and was worried he would not get a workout end. The PAX assuaged those fears by playing enough cards to merit 20+ consecutive burpees.
- BB image is an UNPHOTOSHOPPED (well, sort of) image of Royal Burpee, the creator of the Burpee (albeit a different version than that of F3). BB title comes from this mildly unhinged video YHC came across.
- August Quad P – ???. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- 2nd F Lunch – Friday, September 2, 1200-??? at Bennie Cantiere’s Pizza/Coastal Fermentory/Ironclad Distillery (212 23rd St, Newport News, VA 23607).
- Labor Day Convergence – Monday, September 5, 0700-0800 at Hyzer Bomb (Bennett’s Creek Park). No other Monday AOs will operate that morning..
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!