Number of Pax: 8
Pax Names: Bing, Cash Flow, Dirt Bike, Double Fault, Dreamliner, Funny Car, Marvel, Moneyball,
Number of FNGS: 0
F3 & Covid Disclosures
- SSH – 25
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Copperhead Lunge – 10
- Give Up – 10
- Through the Tunnel – 10
Mosey to far side of lot and back.
Skee Disc 2.0 2.1 – Partner up. After each run to the first light and back, each partner attempts a putt to the target from one of three distances each valued at 1, 2, 3 points.
- If one partner makes, call it out; all other PAX to do 10 Squats.
- If both miss, 5 Burpees each.
- Rinse/repeat until one team makes it to 5 pts.
- Then, switch up the exercise done on a make:
- Bonnie Blairs
- Leg Lifts
- Crunchy Frogs (4ct)
- Audibled to limit shots to the next highest level after a make (hence the 2.1 update). E.g. if YHC made it at the 1 point line (which happened a lot), then his next shot had to be from the 2 or 3 point line.
Railroad Tracks to the second light pole.
Captain Thor: Leg Lifts/Penguin Crunch (made it to 4:16)
2 Corinthians 12:8–9: 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- Recognizing our own weaknesses can lead us to greater things as God’s power is perfected there; recognizing we can’t do it all can help us focus on what we have been called to, can do.
- BB title comes from the fact that this is the second iteration of this beatdown (an improved version, in YHC’s evaluation), further modified per the PAX’s suggestion.
- This has nothing to do with this apparently wildly popular but supremely campy Bollywood movie franchise “2.0”.
- Warning: clicking that link may leave you with a distinct sense of WTF.
- YHC has never been known for his math. Turns out 1×4 is 4, not 1. Also 2×4 is indeed 8, not 4.
- Comparisons were being made between YHC and Funny Car and the Tom Brady/the Patriots. YHC will take the Patriots but the more apt comparison might be the Cam Newton-led version: flashes of brilliance but ultimately not consistent.
- That said, of the 7 rounds completed, YHC and Funny Car only “won” 3 of them, so there was plenty of success going around.
- It took YHC 3 rounds to figure out Dreamliner’s strategy of “make a shot as quick as possible to bog down the other teams with reps” and then seek to employ it himself.
- Dirt Bike hit an opossum on the way to QQH and wasn’t even a little bit upset about it. Call PETA ASAP.
- Disc golf 2ndF outing sometime in the next two weeks. Comment on Slack of FB if you are interested.
- Soft launch for a running AO on the Peninsula this upcoming Monday (9/13), 0530-0615. See Slack and FB for location details.
- There is a new F3 Hampton Roads Instagram page that you can find and follow at this link.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. Studying Philippians. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Quad P for September is stretching, 5 mins/day. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Priorities’ gave Marvel several “100 Posts in 2021” patches to pass out to PAX who have fulfilled that achievement. Talk to Marvel if interested in obtaining one.
- F3 Hampton Roads 5 Year Anniversary – November 5th/6th; Friday night banquet & Saturday beatdown/festivities. Mark your calendars.