AO: Gas Station
Number of Pax: 2
Number of FNGS: 0
As humid as a hippopotamus’ birth canal.
- SSH – 25
- TTT – 10
- Imperial Walkers – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
- The Give-Up – 10
Mosey to the pavilion nearest Fort Fun, via the field.
F3-Stud Poker: Each PAX ran to Fort Fun, completed the following exercises, then ran back to the pavilion to pick up a card. Rinse/repeat for 10 minutes:
- 1 Burpee
- 2 Pull-Ups
- 3 Leg Lifts
- 4 Merkins
- 5 Squats
Due to the low number of reps, PAX were encouraged to go for ideal form. After 10 minutes was called, each PAX placed a bet of exercises/reps all PAX would complete if they had the winning hand. Moneyball won round 1, resulting in 30 Box Jumps. Rinse/repeat for one more 10 minute round. Moneyball also won round 2, resulting in 2 mins of Chillcut Plank back at the flag.
Mosey back to the flag.
Chillcut Plank: 2 minutes (per last round of poker)
Dealer’s Choice AMRAP: 1 minute each: American Hammers, Crunchy Frogs, V-Ups, X-Factors
Proverbs 18:21 – Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
- YHC recently listened to Paul Tripp talk about this verse (among others), and was convicted by the idea that we often want our words to be neutral or at least perfectly shaped by our intentions, but that is not the case: they will bring death or life.
- YHC encouraged the PAX (and himself) to be mindful of how we speak to those around us, particularly those closest to us such as spouse or children, and seek to be uplifting in our speech even when saying hard things.
- Moneyball was the only thing standing between YHC and packing it in back to bed.
- Along those lines: where was everyone?!? Moneyball and YHC can only assume there was a mass alarm failure; otherwise one can only guess that the local PAX have severely overstocked on sacks of farts.
- The line “it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity” is B.S. Moneyball’s experience in the Southwest US indicates that your skin can still fry at low humidity/high heat.
- Questions to ask yourself: “Is that the hair I smell burning?” “Do you smell bacon or is that just my flesh?”
- That said, the humidity still SUCKED and it is what YHC is blaming is poor second-round performance on.
- Coincidentally enough, YHC got a pair of Jacks in both rounds, to no avail.
- July Quad P – 50 American Hammers per day, plus commenting on FB or Slack. See the Challenges page for the link and more info.
- Disc Golf 2ndF Outing – July 1 at Bennet’s Creek Park. Let Marvel know if you can make it.
- Bible Study Zoom Call – Every Friday, Noon. See e-mail/Facebook for link.
- Grow Ruck Training Experience (GTE) 32 – “Neptune’s Adventure.” October 7-9, 2022 in Virginia Beach. Register now! Register here!