Conditions: Muggy gloom then muggy sunshine
DR PAX: None
- SSH – 30
- Arm Circles – 10/10
- Michael Phelps – 15
- TTT – 15
The Thang – Burt Hero WOD (400M = 1 Lap around pond)
150 walking lunges
150 walking lunges
In memory of U.S. Marine Cpl. Albert Gettings. – Marine team leader whose team came under fire in Al Fallujah Iraq during OIF. After Corporal Gettings was wounded in the initial volley suffering a gunshot wound to his abdomen he stood and returned fire while his fellow marine moved to a safer position. He provided suppressive fire to cover his teams movement to engage the enemy and refused to be evacuated while his team was in moving to a better position. Only when his team was in a position to return enemy fire did he move to a covered position where he collapsed from his would
COT – Count-o-rama/ Name-o-rama
Psalm 16: Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.”
3 As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones,
in whom is all my delight.[b]
4 The sorrows of those who run after[c] another god shall multiply;
their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out
or take their names on my lips.
5 The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
7 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.[d]
8 I have set the Lord always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
If you don’t feel strong desires for the manifestation of the Glory of God, it is not because you have drunk deeply and are satisfied, it is because you have nibbled so long at the table of the world you soul is stuffed with small things, and there is no room for the great. – John Piper
– YHC reminded the PAX that appetizers may taste good, but they spoil the main course.
- Completely silent during the beatdown.
- Once the Bert was complete, the mood lightened with talks of greener pastures and calming wooded trails.
- Lawnboy is heading up the Colonial 200 effort Sept 18-19. Looking for a team of 12 runner and 2 drivers. More details in email and Facebook.
- F3 10th Anniversary extravaganza is coming Jan ‘21
- F3 Chattanooga 1 Million Burpee Challenge is still on-going. Log your Burpees here.
F3 Important Links