Spots are starting fill up to run the Colonial200 but we still have room for anyone wanting to have an absolute blast (with some running mixed in). It’s time to turn those SCs (soft commits) into HCs (hard commits). If you have been on the fence (or not even considered it yet), now is the time.
To help your decision making, SpaceMonkey and YHC have assigned runners to legs. Now, you will know exactly how many miles you are committing to when signing up. All you have to say is “I want to be Runner X” (and complete the action items at the end of the pre-blast).
This a 200 mile relay from Charlottesville to Williamsburg, VA. The miles will be split into 36 legs ran by a team of 10-11 PAX. The dates are Fri., April 20th to Sat., April 21st. More information at http://www.colonial200.com/. Also, you can ask any of us who ran the 70 last year.
- Leave Hampton Roads after work Thurs., April 19 (No vacation days req’d)
- Stay in an AirBNB (or hotel) in Charlottesville Thurs. night
- Start race at approximately 6:00 a.m. on Fri., April 20 in Charlottesville
- Run 200 miles, relay style, across the state of VA
- Finish race between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Sat., April 21 in Williamsburg
- Post race 2ndF party (provided by the race staff) with fellow PAX, Ms, 2.0s, and FiA Hampton Roads who is running the Colonial70
- Hard commit (or soft commit) in the google sheet. We need runners AND drivers. Drivers are free and still get to enjoy the festivities. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wXItA0sdvzD7xcuojK1sUr9YI0UnE2WsNAWzZpKhZHI/edit?usp=sharing
- Pay (nothing says I hard commit like putting some skin in the game). The cost for the race entry fee is $118.57 (based on 10 PAX). Payment can be made to YHC (your humble correspondent) in cash, check, or PayPal (https://www.paypal.me/tylerbhudson10). YHC has already paid the team entry fee to ensure we received the best price.
- Register for the race at http://www.colonial200.com/colonial200-relay/colonial200-registration.
- Choose “Team Members for an existing team (Full or Ultra Team)”
- Select your team: F3 Hampton Roads (Tyler Hudson)