Conditions: Subfreezing and Sunny
PAX: Marvel, Wicked, Mango, Catapult, Dreamliner, Gas Station, Gunner
DR PAX: Carrier
The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership. 5 Core tenants of F3: Workouts are always free, Are open to all men, Held outdoors (or Virtual during a pandemic), rain or shine, heat or cold, Lead by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification needed, End with a COT
Run In Place – 30 seconds
Sideways Lunges – 10x IC
Lounge Act – 15 IC
Give Ups – 15 IC
Overhead Claps – 15 IC
Colt 45s – In unison PAX does 4-count curls and counts reps 1-5 out loud. Reps 6-15 are all mental and everyone must stop together at 15. If anyone stops early or goes over Q has PAX perform penalty (5x Burpees).
Round 1: 15x Top Half Curls
Round 2: 15x Bottom Half Curls
Round 3: 15x Full Curls
Round 4: 15x Overhead Press
Round 5: 15x Bent Over Rows
Round 6: 15x Gumbys*
Round 7: 15x KB Swings
*Gumbys – Standing exercise holding coupon at side. Lift the coupon by leaning sideways away from the side of the coupon to raise the coupon up and then lower the coupon by bending toward the coupon. Repeato holding coupon in other hand.
Stow Coupons and mosey to Parking Garage
Relay Races – Modified Wilt Chamberlain w/ partners
Round 1: Line up at bottom of ramp on the 2nd floor of the parking garage. Pax 1 does 25 lbc’s then runs to third floor and touches wall and then does 25 squats. Pax 1 runs back to first level and “tags” Pax 2. Pax 2 does same thing as Pax 1. Repeat 4 times. (Pax completes 100 total reps of each workout)
– Winner does 15 Burpees, Losers do 30 Big Boys
Round 2: Same as round 1 with 25 flutter kicks(each leg) 25 lunges(12.5 each leg). Transit up the ramp with YVES pole and down the ramp with mosey.
– Winner does 30 Big Boys, Losers do 15 Burpees
Mosey back to the flags
LBFC (Little Baby Flutter Crunch) – 20 IC
Hands of Time – for 2 min
Personal Study is one of the core principles of the getting right in life.
- In our work environments we study our craft. Many spend years in study/testing to perfect our trade
- We also have hobbies. We pour over stats and allot countless hours reading, studying, practicing, repeating
- The HIM applies this same dedication to accelerate his faith and understand the many facets of his belief system. Why is it that we spend so little time digging into and analyzing what it means to have a belief system and honing our belief system through question, challenge, investigation, meditation, and resolution.
- “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than and double-edged sword it penetrates to dividing even soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12
- YHC challenged the PAX to devote concerted effort to exploring, challenging, and honing your own personal belief system. Invite others to help you in this effort. The truth has nothing to fear from inspection, but lies fight to the death from being inspected and revealed.
- The easiest way to have pax lose count during Colt 45 is to have Dreamliner start talking. This was normally self-induced and nearly always resulted in PAX receiving penalty Burpees.
- When temps are below 40* overnight it is recommended that PAX store coupons indoors overnight or the coupons may induce contact frostbite.
- The Q is always right when it comes to determining who stopped early or late during Colt 45s. Its in the exicon…it’s gotta be fact! So when the Q loses count, then everyone gets penalty Burpees. But that doesn’t mean the Q is wrong. Marvel debated the merits of this idea.
- New AOs. Friday 29 Jan beings the Boardwalk at Ignite Park in VB. Boardwalk is a running AO. Friday 5 Feb begins Blackwater at Western Branch High at the pull up bars. This will be focus of Blackwater will be IPC workouts.
- Patriot Challenge (Run Ranger Run) upcoming. Check it out at: https://give.gallantfew.org/event/patriot-challenge/e314855
- Hitting the Cycle – New challenge. Consists of posting 8 times in 8 days (Sat – Sat) then the following week hitting the other AOs not previously posted to. Talk to Funny Car or visit the FB page for more info.
- Jan Quad P is Weight Loss. UvU. Set your own goal, track your progress. Talk to Marvel if you have questions.
- Feb Quad P is Mile-a-day challenge. Keep your eyes open to the specifics in the Quad P spreadsheet.
F3 Important Links