Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF): F3 Hampton Roads has opportunities (including virtually) available for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith during this time. We encourage you to plug-in while making the decision that is best for your family and community.
- Fitness: Completely virtual workouts and outdoor workouts at our standard AO locations practicing vigilant social distancing. See below for links and details.
- Fellowship: Virtual fellowship events on the second Thursday of every month at 8:00 p.m. #2ndThrusday2ndF. Next up: Thursday, April 9. More dates may be added according to attendance.
- Faith: Virtual mental check-in on the first and third Mondays of the month at 8:00 p.m. and a #NoPAXLeftBehid initiative to meet the needs within and outside this community.
For all virtual gatherings (1stF, 2ndF, and 3rdF), the link to join is https://zoom.us/j/884657155.
For cyber-security reasons, the meeting requires a password. Text 336-817-1793 or e-mail [email protected] for password.
F3 Nation has two leadership principles that are on display here. First, you may have heard a PAX mention “43 Feet.” This refers to the fact that as leaders we are often building the road forty-three feet ahead of the people (including ourselves) driving on it. This principle has never been more appropriate as during this time, when it seems the situation is changing on an hour to hour basis. Second, we talk a lot about “leaders leading leaders” and pushing the decision authority down as far as possible. The same is true here. I encourage you to make the decision that is best for you, your family, and community.
Fitness (1stF):As you are all probably aware, the governor of Virginia released an executive order on Monday [https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-55-Temporary-Stay-at-Home-Order-Due-to-Novel-Coronavirus-(COVID-19).pdf]. “Engaging in outdoor activity, including exercise, provided individuals comply with social distancing requirements” (no more than 10 people at greater than 6 feet apart) is allowed under the order. However, F3 Hampton Roads is looking to lead from the front. As such the following changes are being made:
- Virtual Workouts:
- Virtual AO (#V-stink) on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. led by Space Monkey via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/884657155). This will be a virtual only option with the Q and PAX all participating virtually. This will not be a live stream of an in-person workout at one of our AOs.
- Virtual workout options every day of the week by joining other regions across the nation (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J6htEppZT0-Xmb3z_mTTr1hvwVdvK-bNbncjabuvSpk).
- In-person Workouts:
- In an effort to be above reproach, our group size will be reduced to 4-6 PAX. We expect to have at least three separate groups at Ironclad (Sat. 7:00 a.m. at City Center at Oyster Point, Newport News) and at least two groups at StinkHill and SlothHill (Sat. and Sun. 7:00 a.m. at Mount Trashmore, Virginia Beach). https://f3rva.org/schedules/hampton-roads-va-schedule/
- Our new disclaimer will add the phrase “By your presence here we expect that you will adhere to social distancing, at least six feet apart, throughout the workout, that neither you nor your family are currently exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, that you have had no known contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19, and that you have not travelled within the last 14 days.”
Fellowship (2ndF):Our monthly fellowship gathering is going virtual. It will occur on the second Thursday of every month at 8:00 p.m. #2ndThrusday2ndF. Next up: Thursday, April 9. More dates may be added according to attendance. You can join the event via Zoom here (https://zoom.us/j/884657155).
Faith (3rdF):This is a difficult time for a lot of people. We want to make sure we do not lose touch with each other and we want to help in any way possible. We have two initiatives geared toward this right now.
- Virtual “Mental Check-in” on the first and third Mondays of the month at 8:00 p.m. All PAX are encouraged to join in to see how everyone is handling the current situation. Again, you can join via the same Zoom link (https://zoom.us/j/884657155).
- #NoPAXLeftBehind. At every AO, we always circle back for the six … always. During this pandemic we are all facing, demonstrating community leadership, fellowship, and caring are paramount and it starts with the PAX. Therefore, if anyone has a need, knows of a PAX that has a need anywhere in the F3 nation, or knows of someone in their community with a need, let us know. You can private message Space Monkey ([email protected]), [email protected], or anyone else in F3 Hampton Roads leadership. You can also simply post it to the Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1812233875661530/). Start with #NoPAXLeftBehind so everyone will know that your post is a call to action. A chain link is of minuscule utility; linked together though, you can support weight nearly immeasurable.