F3 Nation GrowRuck Training Event
GTE #32 - Neptune’s Adventure
Register at https://growruck.com/growruck/growruck-32-hampton-roads/
F3 Hampton Roads is honored to host F3 Nation’s GTE 32. The GrowRuck Training Event will be held in VA Beach from October 7-9, 2022. Events will be held on or near the oceanfront.
What is a GrowRuck Training Event (GTE): GTEs are designed to help Men become HIGH IMPACT MEN by reenforcing the F3 mission of invigoration of male community leadership. During a GTE, we leave no man behind, but leave no man where we find him. In other words, we struggle together to become better men for our communities and our families, while under heavy weight! AYE!
The cost to participate in the full weekend is $175. If you will not participate in the Ruck but wish to participate in the Rally, King Builder, and GrowSchool, the fee is $50.
Download the GTE 32 Pre-blast with the agenda by clicking here.
- The Rally – Friday October 7
- 2ndF gathering that initiates the GTE. Socialize, network, food, cash bar. Program is organized by leaders of F3 Nation.
- Time: 1830-2100 (6:30-9pm)
- Calypso, 10101 Atlantic Avenue, VA Beach. Enter through the main entrance off Atlantic Ave, not the beach entrance. We will have our own room. 20% gratuity will be added to all orders due to group size.
- The King Builder – Saturday October 8
- Bootcamp workout led by leaders of F3 Nation.
- 0700-0800 (7-8am)
- On the beach at 36th Street, VA Beach
- Meter parking on the street and a parking deck on 36th St and Atlantic.
- GrowSchool – Saturday October 8
- GrowSchool (G3LT) is a Schooling session during which the four quadrants of Preparedness (Get Right, Live Right, Lead Right, Leave Right) are taught in a classroom environment by the GrowRuck Qs.
- Arrive at 0830 (8:30AM)
- Virginia Beach Law Enforcement Training Academy – 411 Integrity Way, Virginia Beach 23451. Located next to the Birdneck ramp off of I264. 2.3 miles from the King Builder location.
- Coffee, breakfast, G3LT
- The Ruck – Saturday October 8
- The Ruck is the CSAUP (Completely Stupid and Utterly Pointless) Event during which the Leadership Skills of the individual GrowRuck Participants and the Teamwork of the Class is Accelerated through Pain and Chaos.
- Arrive NO LATER THAN 1730 (5:30pm) for equipment check and formations. Start time may change. The Ruck will include Sunday morning probably between 0800-0900 (8-9am).
- PT Test provided at the end of this pre-blast
- Virginia Beach Middle School, 600 25th St, VA Beach
Below is the packing list for the event.
- Ruck (suggested minimum volume: 20L)
- 30 lb Weight (20lb Weight if pax weighs less than 150lbs)
- 4L of fluids. Strongly recommended to carry a 3L water bladder and 1L nalgene type bottle.
- 2 cans of food to donate
- Headlamp with red light & extra batteries
- Reflective bands on Ruck
- Carabiner suitable for climbing
- Photo ID
- $20 Cash
- Work Gloves
- Dry Bag
- First Aid/Blister Kit
- Extra Socks
- Extra Shirt
- Toilet Paper
- Disinfecting wipes
- Hand Sanitizer/Baby Wipes
- Duct Tape
- Weather appropriate gear
- Face covering that will cover mouth and nose
- Other Electronic devices
Where can I stay if I am from out of town? The events will take place on and near the VA Beach oceanfront. Prices for hotels on and near the oceanfront are still higher in October. The Doubletree Virginia Beach at 1900 Pavilion Drive has a few rooms available around $180 with AAA. For lower room rates you may need to check with hotels in Hampton Roads further from the ocean front. AirBnBs are also an option.
Average Joe (F3 Hampton Roads GTE32 Q) 757-971-0724, [email protected]
Funny Car (Nantan F3 Hampton Roads) 757-383-0277, [email protected]
GTE PT Test
The GTE 32 PT Test will consist of 2 minutes of Hand-Release Push-Ups (with Arm “T” Extension), 2 minutes of Butterfly Sit-ups and a 2 Mile Run. Scoring: PAX must score at least 60 points on each event AND have a total cumulative score of at least 210 points. See score chart below.
- Start position is prone with hands flat on the ground.
- On the command “GO,” push the whole body up from the ground as a single unit.
- After the elbows are fully extended, lower body back to the ground.
- Immediately move both arms out to the side, straightening the elbows into the T position.
- Then move hands back to the start position under the shoulder. This completes a repetition.
Butterfly Sit-Up Standard:
- Start position is faceup with hands touching the ground above the head, knees apart and bent with soles of feet facing one another.
- On the command “GO,” raise the torso to a sitting position and reach forward with both hands to touch the ankles.
- Lower the torso back to the starting position and raise arms so hands touch the ground above the head. This completes one repetition.
2-Mile Run Standard
- Start point will be on the Virginia Beach Middle School track. Route will be 8 laps around the track. PAX may walk, but must complete the 2 miles in under 22:32 to pass.
Please see the GTE Test Score Chart below: