11 PAX (two groups) took on a modified version of the beep test.
Warmarama: Side straddle hops, Imperial walkers, squats , mountain climbers.
Mosey to top of parking deck.
Every Minute on the Minute (EMOM) complete an exercise with an increasing number of reps. If PAX finished the exercise before the minute is up, rest until the buzzer. When each PAX was unable to complete reps within one minute, they started back at the beginning (lowest number of reps) until eventually all PAX could not complete exercise. Once all PAX could not complete exercise (e.g., 60 CDDs in one minute) move to next exercise. Each round was followed by an ~400 m run (except for running round).
CDDs (arms): Begin with 10 and increase by 10 each minute until all PAX cannot complete reps in one minute. Orbit finished the 70 round.
Mosey 400 m
Squats (legs): Begin with 10 and increase by 10 each minute. Several PAX made it past 60.
Mosey 400 m
Leg lifts (abs): Begin with 5 and increase by 5 each minute. Ended at 35 or 40.
Run (cardio): Begin with 50 m one way sprint and increase by 50 m each minute [e.g., minute 2 is 50 m out and 50 back (100 m total), minute 3 is 50 m out, 50 m back, 50 m out (150 m total)].
Shoulder Circles (arms): Begin with 10 and increase by 10 each minute until all PAX cannot complete reps in one minute. Switched to increasing by 20 after a few minutes.
LBCs (abs): Begin with 25 and increase by 25 each minute. Gas Station made it past 100.
Circle of Trust (COT)
Zephaniah 3:14-20 (ESV)
Israel’s Joy and Restoration
14 Sing aloud, O daughter of Zion;
shout, O Israel!
Rejoice and exult with all your heart,
O daughter of Jerusalem!
15 The Lord has taken away the judgments against you;
he has cleared away your enemies.
The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst;
you shall never again fear evil.
16 On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
“Fear not, O Zion;
let not your hands grow weak.
17 The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
18 I will gather those of you who mourn for the festival,
so that you will no longer suffer reproach.[a]
19 Behold, at that time I will deal
with all your oppressors.
And I will save the lame
and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise
and renown in all the earth.
20 At that time I will bring you in,
at the time when I gather you together;
for I will make you renowned and praised
among all the peoples of the earth,
when I restore your fortunes
before your eyes,” says the Lord.
What stood out to me were the words beginning with “re” (Rejoice, no longer suffer reproach, renown, and restore).
Ball of Man (#BOM)
- At 6:58 a.m., it almost appeared that we were going to only have one group. That changed quickly with five PAX in the last two minutes including an FNG.
- Welcome to FNG One Wheel. He rides a uni-cycle and is in the Army. Too many similarities with Two Wheel not to go with it.
- Mango (7 years old) continues to bring the intensity every Sat. especially on the runs.
Virtual relay is happening this week Full instructions here (Competition #2): https://f3rva.org/2020/04/15/nfl-draft-watch-party-and-f3-draft-for-virtual-relay-two-drafts-in-one-night/?fbclid=IwAR02KbJZkJD4Xz-JmhFlV2Pj4ZJ3frNO352SXpG-JSCBPieiZKF_zmDDnBY
For full instructions on COVID-19 operations within F3 Hampton Roads check out https://f3rva.org/2020/04/03/covid-19-update/.
Summary: F3 Hampton Roads has opportunities (including virtually) available for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith during this time. We encourage you to plug-in while making the decision that is best for your family and community.
- Fitness: Completely virtual workouts and outdoor workouts at our standard AO locations practicing vigilant social distancing. See below for links and details.
- Fellowship: Virtual fellowship events on the second Thursday of every month at 8:00 p.m. #2ndThrusday2ndF. Next up: Thursday, April 9. More dates may be added according to attendance.
- Faith: Virtual mental check-in on the first and third Mondays of the month at 8:00 p.m. and a #NoPAXLeftBehid initiative to meet the needs within and outside this community.
For all virtual gatherings (1stF, 2ndF, and 3rdF), the link to join is https://zoom.us/j/884657155.
For cyber-security reasons, the meeting requires a password. Text 336-817-1793 or e-mail [email protected] for password.
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
- Quad P: “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority” aka Daily/Monthly Challenge
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads