- Conditions: 40 Degrees and Clear
- PAX: Moneyball, Gas Station, Market, Huggies, Marvel, Wicked
- FNGs: Magnum
- DR PAX: None
- SSH – 30
- Windmills – 10
- Grass pickers – 10
- Mountain Man Walkers – 10
We would do a Route 66 style workout with Burpee Block Jump Overs (BJO), with a twist. First off, a Burpee BJO is when you perform a normal Burpee, then jump over the block and go straight into a second Burpee. So we started with 11 Burpee BJO. Also, we included 3 different exercises and a short run after each set of Burpees BJO. It went like this;
11 Burpee BJO, 25 Hand Release Merkins, Run 25yds and back (approximate distance)
10 Burpee BJO, 25 Goblet Squat w/ Coupon, Run 25yds and back
9 Burpee BJO, 25 Leg Lifts with Coupon extending above your chest, Run 25yds and back
8 Burpee BJO, 25 HRM, Run
7 Burpee BJO, 25 Goblet Squats, Run
6 Burpee BJO, 25 Leg Lifts, Run
And continue this until you did 0 Burpee BJO, 25 Leg Lifts, Run.
Next PAX divided into two team. Each Pax lined up on a parking space line in a row. A little Bear Crawl Slalom to close out. First PAX is to start the Bear Crawl in and around the planking PAX. Then the next PAX to follow and continue this until we reach the parked car (approximately 25 yards). We turned it into a race.
Hands of Time to 200.
The Destitution of Service
By Oswald Chambers
…though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved. —2 Corinthians 12:15
Natural human love expects something in return. But Paul is saying, “It doesn’t really matter to me whether you love me or not. I am willing to be completely destitute anyway; willing to be poverty-stricken, not just for your sakes, but also that I may be able to get you to God.” “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor…” (2 Corinthians 8:9). And Paul’s idea of service was the same as our Lord’s. He did not care how high the cost was to himself— he would gladly pay it. It was a joyful thing to Paul.
The institutional church’s idea of a servant of God is not at all like Jesus Christ’s idea. His idea is that we serve Him by being the servants of others. Jesus Christ actually “out-socialized” the socialists. He said that in His kingdom the greatest one would be the servant of all (see Matthew 23:11). The real test of a saint is not one’s willingness to preach the gospel, but one’s willingness to do something like washing the disciples’ feet— that is, being willing to do those things that seem unimportant in human estimation but count as everything to God. It was Paul’s delight to spend his life for God’s interests in other people, and he did not care what it cost. But before we will serve, we stop to ponder our personal and financial concerns— “What if God wants me to go over there? And what about my salary? What is the climate like there? Who will take care of me? A person must consider all these things.” All that is an indication that we have reservations about serving God. But the apostle Paul had no conditions or reservations. Paul focused his life on Jesus Christ’s idea of a New Testament saint; that is, not one who merely proclaims the gospel, but one who becomes broken bread and poured-out wine in the hands of Jesus Christ for the sake of others.
- The 25 hand release Merkins were nearly impossible after Burpee BJO’s
- FNG Magnum joined and absolutely dove right into a tough workout. Thanks to Billboard and Huggies for bringing him in. I think he was drinking the Kool Aid and was a great addition to the group. I look forward to him joining us in the future.
- It was agreed that the Quad P for March will likely get out of control. Marvel and Wicked have committed to only counting strict form Merkins.
- Quad P for March is Merkins.
- New Website will go live soon.
- Sign Up to Lead a Workout: Q Schedule (Anyone can sign up at any time! We can help you prepare).
- Backblast template can be found here.
- Monthly Challenge: Quad P, aka “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority”
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads